STAYING AT MY PARENTS HOUSE; SO MUCH JUNK FOOD!!!

Options
Oh my gosh... I'm at my parents house right now & I'll be here for a week or two. I'm SURROUNDED by temptation! They just stocked up on cheap Valentines day candy, there's ice cream & chips & soda. My sister made us fried sushi lat night. >.< All this food I'd NEVER surround myself with at my apartment. All trigger food! I'm GAINING & going over on my calories like no other. I'm trying so hard not to return to my old ways but here it's impossible. I'm working out a lot to try & compensate but I'm so scared that I'll undo all this weight loss in these few weeks =( HELP!

Replies

• rodegghero
    rodegghero Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Try to pick the things you most want and have only one serving of those. Then getto a store for fruit and veg and offer to cook for the family
  • cris12
    cris12 Posts: 90
    Options
    I have this problem permanently, haha. Just have smaller portions and substitute things they're having for something healthier, and workout, a lot.
  • xxxbeckibooxxx
    Options
    just try not to think about it.
    my family eat chinese and all sorts around me all the time but i just get my head down and eat my weightwatchers meal. its easier said than done but you will get used to it.
    also sushi is healthy just not fried so try making fresh sushi once in a while and treat yourself :)
  • gangstagirl625
    gangstagirl625 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i house sat last month and had access to that kind of stuff to i kicked myself in the but the following week cuz i had gained 6 pounds it was horrible
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    there's temptation all around us. Have you made the decision to change or not? Only you put things in your mouth hun. You either say no and eat something healthier, or you blame the food around you. I know how you feel, but you still have a choice.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Tuckersn
    Tuckersn Posts: 149
    Options
    My parent's house is much the same . . . maybe not all junk, but definitely foods that I find as comfort foods. But I only stay there for a week or so, a max of 2 - 3 times a year; that will not undo all the hard work. Haha, but sure feels like it at the time. Go get your own healthy snacks/food, if it bothers you too much.
  • AmeMahoney
    Options
    Make sure all of the junk food is out of sight - try to move it all into one cabinet. Try to designate a drawer or shelf in the refrigerator just for your food. Only eat from that. Plan out your meals for the week and stick to it.
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    The junk food is never out of sight! >.< Always on the table or counters. Thanks guys. I'm trying to change, but I don't think anyone can change that quickly. Put the food out there & I'll eat it. I can avoid it at home by not buying it at the store. I'll just try my best.
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    My moms house is the same. She's always stocked on cookies, baked goodies, whole milk, pepsi, white bread .... everything unhealthy! It's hard to steer clear of it all the time.
    Being there for a week or two isn't going to be too detrimental to your lifestyle. Just get out and exercise more to compensate as best you can.
  • Solomonre0
    Solomonre0 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean!! My husband (and I) love our junk food. However, if I can pass it up in the grocery store I won't eat it, once its in the house all bets are off! I heard somewhere that you just need one bit to satisfy your craving. Allow yourself the taste and then say "NO!" (way easier said than done, I know).
  • RiverRatChick
    RiverRatChick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    NOTHING tastes as good as fit, thin and healthy feels.... You just have to ask yourself what you want more: short term enjoyment from junk food or long term satisfaction and the results from sticking to your goals.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    My parents are the opposite. Whenever I go stay with them all they have is grilled fish, veggies, fruit, whole wheat cereal..No junk at all! I'm trying to get my house the same way theirs is except my husband is the one who keeps getting all the junk!

Good luck to you!
  • noltes2
    noltes2 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Go to the grocery store and buy your own groceries :) Maybe indulge a little but keep on counting those cals!