Artificial Sweetners

Options
Hello! Does anybody else develop negative side affects from artificial sweetners? I've been getting headaches after drinking beverages that contain them. Maybe one type/brand is better than the other? Are there any that are more natural than others? Any suggestions? Thanks! :)

Replies

• RoseEnvy
    Options
    try stevia
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    All artificial sweeteners are incredibly toxic. NutraSweet (aspartame) is made using a chemical that is on the EPA's list of the top 15 most toxic chemicals.

You're better off avoiding both artificial sweeteners and refined sugar. Neither are beneficial to your health.
  • Mommy07inlove
    Options
    both myself and my mom get migranes if we even sip something with artificial sweetener...you know how they found equal? scientists were trying to formulate pesticide..ya you dont wanna use it!
  • RiverRatChick
    RiverRatChick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yep--- I get almost instant headaches from artificially sweetened drinks. I've also broken out in hives from artificial sweeteners as well. I steer clear of them now.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    anything artificial is bad
  • hazeyskyy
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I think I'm going to eliminate them entirely.
  • TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I have all sorts of problems with them. I've switched to using Stevia to sweeten things.
  • zenzoes
    zenzoes Posts: 187
    Options
    Stevia Is most yummy! I have a plant along with the liquid form.