Found a great heart rate monitor at costco!!!

Options
So I've been training with a personal trainer and she suggested I get a heart rate monitor. I heard that costco had them. I went and found a Nike brand for $35, works great...the best part is I went to the register and it was only $19!!! it counts my calories and bpm, has a stop watch, and data of your workouts...just wanted to share...its really great to see how many calories you burn during a workout!

happy calorie cutting!!!
Emi

Replies

• emilee21
    Options
    So I've been training with a personal trainer and she suggested I get a heart rate monitor. I heard that costco had them. I went and found a Nike brand for $35, works great...the best part is I went to the register and it was only $19!!! it counts my calories and bpm, has a stop watch, and data of your workouts...just wanted to share...its really great to see how many calories you burn during a workout!

happy calorie cutting!!!
    Emi
  • Starlightdusk
    Starlightdusk Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Is costco one of those places where you have to have a membership to shop there?
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind what brand is it? I've been looking for a heart rate monitor and we have a Costco near our house!
    Thanks
    Bunny
  • vickster82
    Options
    i'm also curious on the brand and the quality. i looked at REI and they're expensive! i bought a watch w/HR for $30 on clearance but am not pleased w/it. too complicated and small screen. so i'm looking for a quality one that's still affordable. thanks!
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    dam wish we had costco here darn it maybe ill find a cheap one in aussie would be so handy to have over there while on holiday so i can work out how much im burning off with all the walking im going to be doing.

great you got such a bargin and nike are a good brand well in shoes anyway lol
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    hi there,,,

can you please give us more info on it, like brand + model so i can look it up online, if i really like it i'll ask my mom to get it for me and send it over here in the uk,,,

thanks in advance !!
    may
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    If it does not have a chest strap it is not as accurate.....I paid 90$ for a Polar F4.....a HRM is something you want to spend good money on to guarantee its accuracy!
  • emilee21
    Options
    Hi guys,
    Not sure about the model...will find out when i go home. but it is by nike and it does have the chest strap and is very easy to use. my trainer has a very expensive polar HRM and i burned the same using mine. the stap is so comfy that you don't even feel it!!! yes costco is somewhere you do need a membership. good luck finding it...i know that there was a baby blue colored one on display but the one I bought was the black one. let me know if you guys get it and what you think.
    emi
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I will have to see if my brother in atlanta can go to costco. That is the closest to me and it is till 2 1/2 hours away. I looked on their website and they didnt have it on there.

Connie