What is the most ridiculous fad-diet you've ever tried?

Options
I have tried lots but I think the nastiest most ridiculous diet that I tried was the Cabbage soup one, sure I lost the weight because after a couple of days I would rather not eat at all than have to taste the soup!!! Of course when I started eating normally not only I gained the weight but some more... :laugh:

Replies

• katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Back when I was in my 20s I did the Rotation Diet but only rotated the first calorie days ... 600 + 900 calories plus I biked back and forth to work and for hours afterward.
    I dropped about 30 pounds in 4 weeks. People told me I looked sick.
    I was.
    I lost my gallbladder soon after.

Worst dieting mistake ever.
  • klianer
    klianer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    ok I have to agree and say the cabbage soup diet was pritty wacko but then so was the grapefruit diet and the egg diet. Took me a while to get over the after taste on both of those!!!lol
  • brookeybaby_00
    brookeybaby_00 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I did the green bean diet. 2 weeks of nothing but green beans. You can eat as many as you want, but nothing else. Lost 8 lbs. Probably because by day 3, I didn't want to see another #$@%*&% green bean.
  • LilOlMe69
    LilOlMe69 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Me too..Tried the cabbage soup diet..felt sick to my stomach all the time! :/
  • vayax
    vayax Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    the 13 day diet includes a lot of hard boiled eggs.... that was about 10 years ago and I'm still having trouble eating hard boiled eggs.... besides that I was starving ALL THE TIME!
  • ImBabyBunny
    Options
    Probably the Ice cream diet. You eat 2 bowls of ice cream daily! lol They another one called the cereal diet. same thing but wit cereal Still sounds way better than cabbage soup!

It's best to just learn self-control =\ Easier said than done!
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Starvation Diet :/ I actually luv cabbage soup :) At least mine but never went on that diet.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    A bowl of cereal a day? I lost 11lb in 2-3 weeks.
  • kasandraaa
    Options
    The cabbage soup diet has been my favorite! I sometimes still incorporate the soup into my day every once in a while!
    I think that lemonade/detox diet thing was the worst for me. I was always starving and the cayenne pepper in that "lemonade" was harsh!
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    A bowl of cereal a day? I lost 11lb in 2-3 weeks.

Oh, and starvation, aha.

Then I went through a stage where I would only eat a jacket potato with cheese a day when I got bored of the chocolatey cereal :laugh:
  • Floricienta
    Options
    The cabbage soup diet has been my favorite! I sometimes still incorporate the soup into my day every once in a while!
    I think that lemonade/detox diet thing was the worst for me. I was always starving and the cayenne pepper in that "lemonade" was harsh!

really? after a couple of days of eating it, the smell of the soup would make feel sick!!!
  • mrssparkle
    Options
    I haven't done it but I think that the faddiest diet was on shown on ITV television the other week. It was the Maple Syrup diet where for 7 days you just drank water with Maple syrup in it and I think paprika!
  • Floricienta
    Options
    I haven't done it but I think that the faddiest diet was on shown on ITV television the other week. It was the Maple Syrup diet where for 7 days you just drank water with Maple syrup in it and I think paprika!

LOL that's insane...
  • joleciamichelle
    joleciamichelle Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have tried lots but I think the nastiest most ridiculous diet that I tried was the Cabbage soup one, sure I lost the weight because after a couple of days I would rather not eat at all than have to taste the soup!!! Of course when I started eating normally not only I gained the weight but some more... :laugh:

I tried the cabbage soup diet in the 8th grade and before that I LOVED cabbage and after I couldn't eat cabbage for almost 5 years
  • Floricienta
    Options

I tried the cabbage soup diet in the 8th grade and before that I LOVED cabbage and after I couldn't eat cabbage for almost 5 years

The same happened to me with broccoli, except for it was not a diet, I just ate LOADS of it for like 3 days because I felt like it... :huh:
  • hippiechel
    hippiechel Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    the master cleanse. i could deal with drinking the lemonade/cayenne pepper/maple syrup blend, but if you did the saltwater flush. that **** (pun intended) kills you! if anyone knows what i'm talking about..
  • kasandraaa
    Options
    the master cleanse. i could deal with drinking the lemonade/cayenne pepper/maple syrup blend, but if you did the saltwater flush. that **** (pun intended) kills you! if anyone knows what i'm talking about..

haha yes! thats the one i did, & i did the salt water flush. it was ALL bad!
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    slimfast 3-2-1...is that a fad? I think so...lost like 20 some pounds in a month...was only eating like 900 cals a day after workout and then I got sick (lost more weight) and then my hair started falling out! :( THEN I gained it all back PLUS MORE!! >:( so I advise AGAINST slimfast
  • qtwells82
    Options
    The 48 hour hollywood drink...only thing I lost was money
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I did one that was white rice and plain canned tuna. AWFUL!!! it lasted 2 days! haha