Hey Fitness Pals

Options
Been looking for a way to track my meals that wasn't a hassle. Heard about this through a friend. Got the App on my Droid and I really like it. So easy to track my meals and the scanner is brilliant! However, I eat more protein than recommended and less carbs than recommended. Anybody else have this problem?

Replies

• DoneWithTheFatGirl
    Options
    I go over on my protein just about everyday, but I never worry about it... WELCOME! :)
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • cherfurr
    Options
    I work with a weight loss coach who tell us we need lots more protein than what the size claims. I have been told to eat 1.5 times the recommended protein. Just add more protein and don't worry about going over!
  • KMill84
    Options
    Its not that its a concern to me. Kinda wish you could adjust your daily requirements based on the type of workout (bodybuilding, sport training, toning, weight loss, etc) you do and not just frequency of your workouts. I eat a ton of protein everyday and save my main intake of carbs for before and after workouts.
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    you can change the settings for your carb/fat/protein, if you want to. I discovered MFP gives me too many carbs, not enough protein, so I changed it manual.

My home -> goals -> change goals -> custom ... e voila, you can put in exactly what you want, depending on your situation and what kind of workouts you prefer. But you should only mess with it, if you know what you're doing. :blushing:
  • KMill84
    Options
    Thx Galathea. Just started this 3 days ago. I'm still new to the website. I use my cell more than my computer. That should make things a lot easier!
  • wyo_mom
    wyo_mom Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am trying to figure out my calorie burn. My calorie intake is 1288 I burn 400 calories a day But I don't know If that enough
    Maybe I should go back to the insanity program and burn more calories to be safe.
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    You're welcome, KMill. :flowerforyou:
    And wyo_mom, I think with that daily burn from workout you don't eat enough. If you burn 400 cals a day, you should eat at least 1600 cals a day. I know it doesn't look as if it makes sense and I'm really not good at explaining (english is still a second language to me :blushing: ). But maybe it helps you reading this ...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/KarenBorter/view/it-s-really-easy-no-really-74560
  • KMill84
    Options
    The biggest misconception in weight loss is that you have to eat less to lose weight. Completely wrong and potentially harmful. When you lower your calories, you basically are starving yourself. During starvation the body tells itself to store fat and burn muscle in order to survive. You do NEED healthy fats in your diet. Helps your joints and neuron transfers.

Instead of cutting calories or meals, spread them out to 5-6 smaller portioned meals with a protein in each meal. Protein makes you feel fuller for a longer time. More meals also helps keep your metabolism up and also keeps you energized. Also, limit your sugars to before and after workouts. Before to help give you energy and after to help promote Protein Synthesis (which requires glycogen).

Just some shortened basic information that I've learned and used to help me. Hope it helps you!
  • wyo_mom
    wyo_mom Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    THANKS I WILL LOOK INTO THAT !