Weekend Stories Part 2

Options
shorerider
shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
My weekend was bad--just bad. No riding. Felt bad most of weekend. Hot and humid here, and I mean HOT AND HUMID. Just gross. And WINDY on top of that. Church functions both days, which are fun but mean FOOD (and desserts, although I did only have 1/2 a brownie Saturday). Yesterday, I ate too much sodium laden-stuff, too at the dinner and now this morning, I showed up 1lb. since yesterday (from fluid of course, so I took a diuretic this morning).

Then yesterday, I had trouble with my Blood glucose levels ALL day and for some reason could not keep my levels up (this is driving me nuts with this diabetes meds stuff but that's another story). But I was popping glucose tablets during worship even because I just felt BAD :sick: ! I was at 65 just before worship, and highest it got all day was 90, and that was after dinner that included 2 biscuits, mac and cheese, fried chicken, and bacon wrapper-chicken bites (told you it was a sodium-laden dinner!).

ANYWAY--so, my weekend was bad. I'm depressed. deprimetriste294230fr.gif

SO--Tell me how great y'all did this weekend?

Or how bad--if I can't be cheered up by successes, maybe at least I can feel better knowing I wasn't the only one with a bad weekend. Misery loves company they say!

Replies

• shorerider
    Options
    My weekend was bad--just bad. No riding. Felt bad most of weekend. Hot and humid here, and I mean HOT AND HUMID. Just gross. And WINDY on top of that. Church functions both days, which are fun but mean FOOD (and desserts, although I did only have 1/2 a brownie Saturday). Yesterday, I ate too much sodium laden-stuff, too at the dinner and now this morning, I showed up 1lb. since yesterday (from fluid of course, so I took a diuretic this morning).

Then yesterday, I had trouble with my Blood glucose levels ALL day and for some reason could not keep my levels up (this is driving me nuts with this diabetes meds stuff but that's another story). But I was popping glucose tablets during worship even because I just felt BAD :sick: ! I was at 65 just before worship, and highest it got all day was 90, and that was after dinner that included 2 biscuits, mac and cheese, fried chicken, and bacon wrapper-chicken bites (told you it was a sodium-laden dinner!).

ANYWAY--so, my weekend was bad. I'm depressed. deprimetriste294230fr.gif

Or how bad--if I can't be cheered up by successes, maybe at least I can feel better knowing I wasn't the only one with a bad weekend. Misery loves company they say!
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    It must have been something I was down and could not get out of bed, I am feeling very down too. I had soup that had a lot of sodium to. I still feel bad today but drinking lots of water, hope food goes better, I feel really shaky with my sugar today. I think it is very low but my tester broke cant get it to work. Well have to get a new one but I will try to eat something to bring it up. So cheer up its a new day. :bigsmile:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I hope your day is better today sindy and shore.....

Yea, naughty this weekend. I can feel it in my pants. Lots of salt. I did get up and do intervals of running and brisk walking on Saturday. Yesterday.....so so so bad.

But! I didn't have a drop of coffee once this weekend!! And I'm doing ok here at work without it! yay! Tonight I'm planning on sticking to just one tiny drink after I do cardio kick boxing and a little yoga.

Soon, my body will get rid of those toxins too and I will be pretty good!! The drinking is what ruins my weekends.....:grumble: Always gain about 2-3 pounds in water weight.

:flowerforyou: Happy monday!
  • bethskiles
    Options
    88002.png
    :noway: I know where you are coming from!! I feel like I just came off a 3 day binge. I went to a ladies retreat ( had a good time) but kind of lost control in the evening during game time. There were lots of snacks- none healthy- and well, I just went loose! Yesterday, we had Hurricane Ike the kentucky way- lots of wind and trees down. We lost electricity and church was cancelled. So.... I was home all day and again ate too much. I was very dissapointed in myself and can't understand how I let it happen.:mad: But today is a new day. i got up this morning and took a nice walk. I am so happy God gives us a new beginning every morning!! Beth S
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    First - HUGS!!!!!!! I hope this week is better!

My weekend was busy as usual.

Friday night - I went out and consumed WAYYYY too many high calorie alcoholic beverages haha.

Saturday spent the day SICK from above haha. Saturday night had a football game with my son... they won 14 - 8

Sunday I was at a birthday party for my niece and nephews (they're all born within 3 weeks of each other).............

This week is INSANE with the stuff we have going on so I'm sure I wont be reading many posts!
  • mzaccardi
    mzaccardi Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Cheer up, we all have days (sometimes weekends) like that.

I had a wedding Friday night (lots of food and a couple of drinks too.) Then the bride and groom had a get together at their house the following day which included lots of carb loaded salads (yum), hamburgers, hot dogs and lobsters (of which I had two). On sunday, I was so nervous about the Patriots it was dip & chips, sausage peppers and onions and cookies. This morning, no surprise here, my sugar was high and I feel really lousy!

However today is another day, so I started my day with cereal, milk and coffee which will be followed by lots and lots of water to try and flush all the extra salt out.

Sometimes you have weekends, or days, like that and you just have to get up, dust yourself off and get back on the right track, one meal - one moment - at a time.
  • Fab140
    Options
    On sunday, I was so nervous about the Patriots it was dip & chips, sausage peppers and onions and cookies.

And your Pats did fabulous!! That rookie is a looker....I may start watching more games....:wink:
  • pamelawilliams
    Options

Well, my entire week was bad. Let just say my entire week and a half. I had loss ten pounds since being on the site. I was very proud of my accomplishment and had even changed by goal ( I do 10 pound increments). Over the last week and a half I have gained back 7 lbs. This was from eating everything and anything including every free item (hot dog, nachos with cheese, pretzel with cheese, cotton candy and snow cone) at the church carnival on Sat. On Sunday I went to Family Day at my cousin's job. Again free food ( veggie burger, salad, soda, funnel cake etc.) When it comes to free food, "I become a fool and think I must eat everything.":embarassed:

Well enough of feeling sorry :sad: for myself, my weight gain is my responsibility:frown: . I lost it before and can lose it again. Today, is another day and I will start anew.:smile: Don't beat up on yourself, you will only feel worse.
  • Fab140
    Options

Well, my entire week was bad. Let just say my entire week and a half. I had loss ten pounds since being on the site. I was very proud of my accomplishment and had even changed by goal ( I do 10 pound increments). Over the last week and a half I have gained back 7 lbs. This was from eating everything and anything including every free item (hot dog, nachos with cheese, pretzel with cheese, cotton candy and snow cone) at the church carnival on Sat. On Sunday I went to Family Day at my cousin's job. Again free food ( veggie burger, salad, soda, funnel cake etc.) When it comes to free food, "I become a fool and think I must eat everything.":embarassed:

Well enough of feeling sorry :sad: for myself, my weight gain is my responsibility:frown: . I lost it before and can lose it again. Today, is another day and I will start anew.:smile: Don't beat up on yourself, you will only feel worse.

It's mostly water weight, gorgeous, don't worry!! You would ahve had to eat your weightin hot dogs to gain 7 pounds in one weekend.

Get plenty of water in your system and grab the veggies!! You'll be tip-top in no time:flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we all tanked this weekend :frown: :laugh:

Threw a bridal shower for my sister on Saturday. A lots of terrible food there. I have no willpower against finger foods, or -- let's face it -- any other kind of food.

Took remnants of food back home and snacked on them all day yesterday.

Canned soup for lunch. Sodium city.

Saw a jogger in my neighborhood last night, but it didn't incite the urge in me to go running. Felt sluggish last night, still do. Yup, all the food and sodium has killed my exercise urge. No good. :grumble:

So today is Monday.
    It's a new week.
    Back in the saddle again.
    Healthy lunch and snacks today.
    Exercise this afternoon.

Let's have a great week guys and make up for those not-so-great weekends!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I'd had a good first week until Friday night. Felt weird all day but was excited about taking a dance lesson with my daughter & son-in-law so I tried to go, but by the time I got there I was in full migraine mode and had to leave. Went to Kroger to get a healthy something or other to put in the microwave at DD's apt while I waited for the kids to get done dancing. Uh oh ... there is a Sonic in the Kroger parking lot. Smart half of my brain was saying "DON'T DO IT!!" Stupid half said ... "Oh, you can eat a couple of bites of that amazing Oreo Blast and then throw the rest away." So, stupid won and I ate the whole doggone thing. Then ate the healthy food. Then, when I got home at midnight ate 2 pieces of toast with butter and honey and milk!! Dangit, if I had been able to dance all evening I could have AFFORDED eating that stuff. Well mostly. Kinda. Never mind.

UGH. :mad: :noway: :huh: :grumble:

But, on a positive note, Saturday I still felt bad but managed to eat healthfully, and Sunday I STILL felt bad and actually ate right and exercised. And Hurricane Ike was exiting the picture by that time so I started feeling better eventually.

So my weigh-in was this morning and I lost 2 pounds. I've psyched myself into being happy about that but am trying not to remember the good old days when I was younger and a week like this, even with the binge on Friday, would have resulted in more like 5 pounds off .... Mama always told me that it got harder as you got older!

Have a great week everybody! We can do this! :happy: :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • Glammy
    Glammy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    No weight loss this past week - I'm blaming it on being a woman, if ya' know what I mean.

But, Shorerider might like to know, I biked 20 miles on Saturday!!! :bigsmile: That's the furthest I've gone on one ride and it took me about 80 minutes (including the time it took me to walk my bike half way up the hill that just kills!) so I think it was good time too. I'm a little "saddle sore" but really stoked that I did that! :smile: :smile: I'm going out on the bike again tonight. My dh bought me a new "toy" for the bike - some kind of odometer, calore burning counter, timer, gadget-thing-y! :laugh:

Maybe I'll see a little more loss this week after the hormones get back in line, 'cause I'm certainly workin' it hard enough and keeping to within 10% of my caloric intake goal for each day.
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we all tanked this weekend :frown: :laugh:

Threw a bridal shower for my sister on Saturday. A lots of terrible food there. I have no willpower against finger foods, or -- let's face it -- any other kind of food.

Took remnants of food back home and snacked on them all day yesterday.

Canned soup for lunch. Sodium city.

Saw a jogger in my neighborhood last night, but it didn't incite the urge in me to go running. Felt sluggish last night, still do. Yup, all the food and sodium has killed my exercise urge. No good. :grumble:

So today is Monday.
    It's a new week.

Back in the saddle again.
    Healthy lunch and snacks today.
    Exercise this afternoon.

Let's have a great week guys and make up for those not-so-great weekends!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I couldnt believe how much sodium is a little can of soup. I love soup when I am sick. :sad:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    UGGGGG!!! Girlie! E-mail me if you have down days! I seem to miss out a ton of posts around here but always log.

I hope your day is better today. I'm sorry you had a crudy weekend. UGGGG!

Feel better!!! :flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I am now an assistant manager at work, so I worked 25 hours this weekend:sick:
    They're going to schedule me less in a couple weeks, thankfully. I didn't work out Sat or Sun, but I burn about 92 cal/hr at work since I stand the whole time and have to climb ladders to get shoes, plus we got a huge shipment in so I was lugging boxes and dressing mannequins. I ate clean though! I always pack all the food I need for the day..hardboiled eggs, whole wheat pita w/ tuna, light yogurt, and a healthy choice meal.
  • shorerider
    Options
    No weight loss this past week - I'm blaming it on being a woman, if ya' know what I mean.

But, Shorerider might like to know, I biked 20 miles on Saturday!!! :bigsmile: That's the furthest I've gone on one ride and it took me about 80 minutes (including the time it took me to walk my bike half way up the hill that just kills!) so I think it was good time too. I'm a little "saddle sore" but really stoked that I did that! :smile: :smile: I'm going out on the bike again tonight. My dh bought me a new "toy" for the bike - some kind of odometer, calore burning counter, timer, gadget-thing-y! :laugh:

Maybe I'll see a little more loss this week after the hormones get back in line, 'cause I'm certainly workin' it hard enough and keeping to within 10% of my caloric intake goal for each day.

20 miles on cycling! 62a82059.gif

Good time, too! Keep it up! The soreness goes away with riding. Get you some Chamois BUTT-R Lotion if you're intend on riding lots and use it liberally on the ole "saddle" area pre-ride--it really helps!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!