$1000!

Options
Ilovepeppers
Ilovepeppers Posts: 396 Member
What would you do with an extra 1000? I like buying a lot of stuff for a small price, like at ross or good will and I loooove clothes shopping but I need to lose another 20 before I go spend money on clothes...

What would you do? Or where would you go?

Replies

• CelticDragon
    CelticDragon Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My elliptical broke in January, I can't afford a new one. $1000 would just about cover the cost of a new one!

That being said, I just spent more than that trying to get a little ahead on bills. Thanks to tax returns!
  • FitFrenchGirl
    Options
    I love pier 1 stores, and tj max! :) love love those stores! I have an over obession with paris france stuff :) so those are my too favorites! Do you decorate your home alot?
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I wish I could be financially responsible and say I'd pay bills or give to charity but I'd probably end up with $1000 worth of shoes!
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Well.. Since I just redid my bedroom and dining room.. I would be doing the living room over and whatevers left would be going into a savings account for when I reach my goal weight.. afterall I am gonna need a whole new wardrobe!!!
  • tammydspice
    Options
    oh i would buy a great pair of jeans for sure. I have not worn jeans comfortably for about 7 years and now I can, I would get nice great fitting jeans! And bras, lots of bras. And Lululemon work out gear! Oh I could easily send $1000
  • kimballtracy
    Options
    my husband and i are going on a little mini vacation here in our state. just a weekend get away with out the kiddos
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh.
    I would probably get an outfit or two.
    Some video games, because I am a nerd.
    & I would be on eBay. A lot. I'm so addicted to that website.
    So I guess...shopping in general! :]
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    mini vacation locked in a hotel room with my husband for sure!
  • jpmajors
    Options
    I would go treasure hunting at Goodwill(s) Not because I have to, but because I can (more fun when that is the case :-)
  • Jamcgarvey
    Options
    I think I would honestly put it away so that I could use it towards school.
  • Floricienta
    Options
    I would get a ticket to wherever $1000 gets me!!!
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I'm running a currency converter extension in my web browser and wondered why someone posted a topic titled "£618.89" :wink:

Well, If I had $1000 for free I'd put it on red when I go to Vegas in a couple of weeks. You never know!
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I would get a gym member ship for a year ($120)
    some fitness shoes (30-50$)
    some new fitness clothes (about 100 dollars worth)
    200 dollars worth of silly groceries
    100's dollar random
    and 430 or whatever is left to buy new clothes when im skinny (at good will, and ross )
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I would pay down my credit card debt.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I'd figure out how to keep the IRS from taking half of it. Wait is this a gift, compensation, after tax (woo hoo!), inheritance (also woo hoo)...etc.

if someone just handed me a grand on the street?

I'd buy the plyometric client set I've been eyeing. It's a cool set, but it's like 650 bucks, and I can't really justify it since you can technically do everything without it for most clients.