VERY CONFUSED :/

Options
I dont get how slimming world works. They say you can eat unlimited free foods but what about the calorie intake????

Replies

• jammyone
    Options
    We generally call a 'free food' to be something that won't cause any weight gain. For example, Celery won't make you fat no matter how much you eat of it, so it's called a free food.

My sister joined slimming world a few months ago (and quit, doht!) and I looked through the book and I disagreed with a lot of what is considered to be a 'free food', for example Potatoes which are high in starch was one of them - I don't directly have anything against spuds but I certainly wouldn't call it a free food.

For me, free foods are Vegetables, and nothing else because of their low calories.

Just 250 calories in a WHOLE cabbage!

EDIT - Sorry, I forgot to mention: Any Veg with the exception of Potato and Sweet potato.
  • sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I love cabbage... I can eat so much. But there is a negative to that of course.
  • jammyone
    Options
    I love cabbage... I can eat so much. But there is a negative to that of course.

Shall we kiss now or later? :D
  • xbabeykayx
    Options
    We generally call a 'free food' to be something that won't cause any weight gain. For example, Celery won't make you fat no matter how much you eat of it, so it's called a free food.

My sister joined slimming world a few months ago (and quit, doht!) and I looked through the book and I disagreed with a lot of what is considered to be a 'free food', for example Potatoes which are high in starch was one of them - I don't directly have anything against spuds but I certainly wouldn't call it a free food.

For me, free foods are Vegetables, and nothing else because of their low calories.

Just 250 calories in a WHOLE cabbage!

EDIT - Sorry, I forgot to mention: Any Veg with the exception of Potato and Sweet potato.

Its just all confusing haha well what im gonna do is carry on doing what im doing now and see at the end of the week if ive put any weight on haha!!
  • jammyone
    Options

Its just all confusing haha well what im gonna do is carry on doing what im doing now and see at the end of the week if ive put any weight on haha!!

Whatever kind of path you choose whether it be high fat, high protein or high carb or reduced calorie just make sure you stay on it long enough to know how it affects you. Stay on it for a month so that you can really see what's happening :-)
  • CarthagoDelendaEst
    Options
    I did it for 6-7 weeks a while back and it didn't work for me...

I've been calorie counting for six weeks now and have lost 6.5lbs which I am more than happy with. Slimming World seems like it doesn't restrict what you eat, but it does heavily, very little choice if you need to eat out, which I do a lot for lunch (I tend to get a Boots Shapers meal or a low-fat Sub.)

I find it much easier (and cheaper) to calorie count, whilst maintaining a healthy balanced and nutritious diet along with exercise :-)

This is only my opinion though and my experience, try it, it works for many people!