eating exercise calories??

Options
Hello, I was just wondering who out there eats all their execise calories? Sometimes I do, and was curious what others out there are doing and if you are seeing results. Thanks!

Replies

• NikkiJ17
    NikkiJ17 Posts: 295
    Options
    I don't have an HRM so my exercise calories are loosely based estimates so I only eat 50-75% of them daily.
  • susioryan
    Options
    Yep. I eat them and enjoy every minute of it.
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat every single calorie. :)
  • celticcateyes
    celticcateyes Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Some days I do, some days I don't. If I still feel hungry, I eat. Sometimes I am stuffed and just can't make it through those calories.

Additionally, sometimes I "bank" calories for the next day or to make up for a previous day by going to the gym when I can. Not sure if this is a good practice, but a biological system doesn't restart at midnight :wink:
  • Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    Options
    I usually eat them all unless I burn an abnormal amount. For instance yesterday, I burned an extra 1000 calories shoveling snow. I was not even attempting to make a dent in those. I would have had to eat a double whopper to get that many extra calories. Since eating them, I have been losing about 4 ounces a day.
  • jennyrothb
    jennyrothb Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oh good. Well you guys are obviously losing, so that makes me feel better. Thanks! :smile:
  • Dobsaya
    Options
    I am banking calories this week for my anniversary weekend. Saving all my exercise calories. I figure a pound isn't lost in a day anyway, so I am with you.
  • owens_n7
    Options
    You have to treat yourself for all of the hard work! I eat some, but I really enjoy earning those calories back. There have been a few days where I work out extra hard for that night out. Worth every drop of sweat!
  • kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    To date (9 days) I have not yet eaten mine. I don't have high exercise amounts though (always under 200 calories burned - I just walk for now) and I am sure once I get more in to working out that I will.
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I usually eat them all unless I burn an abnormal amount. For instance yesterday, I burned an extra 1000 calories shoveling snow. I was not even attempting to make a dent in those. I would have had to eat a double whopper to get that many extra calories.

Haha.. thats almost exactly what I was gonna write.. But I didnt burn that many cals yesterday.. but some days I have with snow shovelling... you must be from Canada??
  • Dobsaya
    Options
    Around Lake Erie Michigan. This Lake effect snow this year has been the pits.
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Heck no I would be eating 2000 plus aday,but I do try to get as close to 1200 as possible. Today though its only 800 ugggg so tricky this calorie deficit thing.
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I usually eat mine. I like food too much to not take advantage of anything I'm allowed to eat. Plus, I'm already at a 1200 cal diet. If I don't eat them all, my net calories will be under 1200 and we all know NOT TO GO UNDER 1200 for the day. My husband is allowed 1900 cals, so if he's not hungry he doesn't eat all of his exercise calories...again, as long as his net is about 1200 calories. We both are losing at a very consistent and healthy rate. :)
  • KajunDC
    KajunDC Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Don't go too low on your calories for the day. You want to be in a deficit, but too low a deficit will cause you to burn more muscle than fat, which will slow overall metabolism. Definitely never go below 1200 calories - it does really bad things to the metabolism. (One day once in a blue moon is fine, but don't make it a regular, or even weekly, occurrence.)

This is a balancing act, and you don't want to go too far to either end of the beam, so to speak. Many people actually find they actually lose more weight when they up their calories some.

And make sure you don't stay at the same calorie level each and every day. Our body adapts quickly to whatever we do so you must continually change things up intake wise and exercise wise to achieve the best, and quickest, results.
  • danile926
    danile926 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I totaly ignore them... the less i eat, the quicker i get to goal. But i don't beat myself up when i splurge a LITTLE once every week or 2. I usually earn about 800 cals per day, and keep my calories between the 1200 and 1320 i'm allowed.

3622957.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter