The Lemon Diet

Options
Has anyone tried The Lemon Diet?
• 2 Tablespoons (1 fluid ounce) fresh-squeezed lemon or lime juice NOT BOTTLED JUICE!! (approx. 1/2 lemon),
• 2 Tablespoons (1 fluid ounce) organic Grade B maple syrup,
• 1/10 Teaspoon or more cayenne pepper (hot red pepper), and
• 1 Cup (8 fluid ounces) purified or spring water, NOT fluoridated water.

I made this drink this afternoon and heated the water ... like a hot lemon tea. What a wonderful drink.
I was surprised that it killed my appetite for the most part.

I am concerned about the sugar in the Maple Syrup since I am watching my sugar grams. I would like to stay at 20 grams or below.

This is a detox concoction and wondered if someone out there has tried this.:smile:

Replies

• buzz4meusa
    Options
    Has anyone tried The Lemon Diet?
    • 2 Tablespoons (1 fluid ounce) fresh-squeezed lemon or lime juice NOT BOTTLED JUICE!! (approx. 1/2 lemon),
    • 2 Tablespoons (1 fluid ounce) organic Grade B maple syrup,
    • 1/10 Teaspoon or more cayenne pepper (hot red pepper), and
    • 1 Cup (8 fluid ounces) purified or spring water, NOT fluoridated water.

I made this drink this afternoon and heated the water ... like a hot lemon tea. What a wonderful drink.
    I was surprised that it killed my appetite for the most part.

I am concerned about the sugar in the Maple Syrup since I am watching my sugar grams. I would like to stay at 20 grams or below.

This is a detox concoction and wondered if someone out there has tried this.:smile:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I had a friend who did this, but that's all he had for I think 3 weeks. He lost weight, but put it right back on following the cleanse. I don't think it's healthy.
  • onwardfatgirl
    Options
    This is called The Master Cleanse. I don't think there's anything wrong with drinking the concoction every once in awhile, but I personally don't feel that cleanses would be healthy or beneficial for your health.

As far as the maple syrup goes, 2 tbsp is going to put you at 24 sugar grams.
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I was about to try this with my sister. I then searched the posts here about it and its a terrible idea. Just search them out.. im in the middle of a WoW game hahaha
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I had a friend who did this, but that's all he had for I think 3 weeks. He lost weight, but put it right back on following the cleanse. I don't think it's healthy.

Wow.
    Not to offend you or your friend, but the only reason he didn't die or fall into a coma was the sugar from the maple syrup.
    There is no reason to do these crazy, eat-nothing but celery and cayenne pepper, extreme caloric-deprivation, poop every 5 minutes until your butt hurts, "detox" things. If our cells/bodies had no way to remove waste, we would've lasted, oh, about 5 minutes total as a species.
    It will NOT increase fat loss. It will NOT remove toxins from your cells that weren't going to be removed anyway. It is NOT healthy. This is a recipe for mal/undernourishment and lowered insulin sensitivity from the ridiculous spike in your blood sugar caused by a big serving of liquid sugar.
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I couldn't have said it better than the above post.

"Detoxes" really are not necessary.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

Wow.
    Not to offend you or your friend, but the only reason he didn't die or fall into a coma was the sugar from the maple syrup.
    There is no reason to do these crazy, eat-nothing but celery and cayenne pepper, extreme caloric-deprivation, poop every 5 minutes until your butt hurts, "detox" things. If our cells/bodies had no way to remove waste, we would've lasted, oh, about 5 minutes total as a species.
    It will NOT increase fat loss. It will NOT remove toxins from your cells that weren't going to be removed anyway. It is NOT healthy. This is a recipe for mal/undernourishment and lowered insulin sensitivity from the ridiculous spike in your blood sugar caused by a big serving of liquid sugar.

You're preaching to the choir. I completely agree.
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    oh...... if only banks1850 saw this........ he is someone to go to for information
  • nat8100
    Options
    I totally agree this is not a diet, but it is a great drink to have first thing in the morning and last thing at night, whilst eating normally during the day. If you can go without the maple all the better - just lemon juice and hot water. Lemon juice helps your digestive system, much like green tea. I believe lemon also helps cleanse your liver but could be wrong on that!

Also a teaspoon of manuka honey can be added which is good for you.