high arches...runners?

Options
I have recently started running. I am getting pretty bad cramps in the arches of my feet. Have any special stretches, special shoes, or tips to help prevent these cramps? I'm wondering if I need different shoes, or if I can just get a good pair of arch support inserts for mine....

Thanks!

Replies

• Tiffany1111
    Tiffany1111 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I also have high arches and if you can find good reebok runners they have exceptionally high arches and they are amazing in regards to quality. Not the balance ones or whatever though, those are garbage.
  • justscrappy
    justscrappy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I also have extremely high arches and have found that Asics have amazing arch support. My feet do not bother me at all anymore when doing physical activity.
  • txmama11
    Options
    look into the vibram five fingers... i've heard they're great bc they use your own natural arches :)
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I go to a running specialty store, the running room measures my arches, watches my strides and suggests shoes for me (I have high arches, narrow feet, AND one foot is slightly longer than the other! ... I ended up in the YELLOW section - they have color coded suggestions.

I ended up with Nike Pagasus 27+ ... And the best part is buying it there, I get to run indoors with them for up to 30 days and can exchange them if they are not a good fit for me ...