How many calories do I REALLY, burn?

Options
I am a 37 year old female weighing in at 32lbs. I run on the treadmill at an incline of 9.0 and speed of 5.2. I went for 35 minutes and the calories burned reported, 445. I know most older treadmills will give a readout based on a 150lb person, but this does not seem accurate. I don't want to overestimate my calories burned today so can anyone shed some light as to how to determine how many calories you burn for any given exercise based on weight? FYI, I use MFP, but I think it may overestimate my exercise calories.

Replies

• mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Get you a heart rate monitor and you can track it by your own personal setting...Also I use the treadmills at my gym that let me put in my weight....
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately this is a tricky one. I usually stick with the machine and what it says because I can input my weight and it knows the resistance, but the best way to figure it out is to get a Heart Rate Monitor for yourself. I think MFP is off if you are at a lower setting but I have yet to figure out exactly what setting goes with MFP.

Again the best way to tell what you are burning and to be accurate is to get a Heart Rate Monitor.