Chicken

Options
Ok any ideas for cooking chicken breast? I've been pan frying with Mrs. Dash, using buffalo sauce. Need something new for dinner tonight that's not fattening. Ideas? Help....

Replies

• mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to cook chicken is to use curry (I like LOTS), salt, pepper, some garlic powder and then cover both sides in some light brown sugar :) Bake in the oven in a baking dish.
    It may sound weird but the curry brown sugar combo is delish :)
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Do you have a george foreman? I always grill my chicken.
  • beccajordan7
    Options
    My favorite way to cook chicken is to use curry (I like LOTS), salt, pepper, some garlic powder and then cover both sides in some light brown sugar :) Bake in the oven in a baking dish.

yummy!! sounds awesome!!
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Rost in the oven, once its cooked melt a small amount of cheese (I use about 10g) over one half and cover the other half in bbq sauce. Yummy!
  • aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I ususally just stick it in the crockpot and then shred andput in the fridge to use with differnt meals
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I am kind of addicted. LOL. I eat it at least three times a week :)

yummy!! sounds awesome!!
  • anwaier
    anwaier Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can buy these marinades called "Grill Mates" by McCormick--they are in the aisle with the packets of stuff (like taco seasoning, etc..its not with the seasonings). Anyway, they are DELICIOUS and make the chicken really tasty and moist. Lately, because we don't want to add the calories in the marinade (they call for olive oil, etc), we've just been using the dry mix to season the chicken and its still fantastic, plus it doesn't really add any calories the way the actual marinade would. We've been cooking them on a tiny little gas grill on our deck (one of the ones where you buy those little camping propane bottles to power it), which is really easy and requires no clean up. I used to use the george foreman grill inside but it is so messy and hard to clean that the outside tiny gas grill is way easier. Then I pair the chicken with whole grain brown rice, make with chicken broth instead of water and seasoned with the ranch packets (hidden valley or whatever brand, the packets you buy if you want to make your own ranch dressing or dip, I just use the dry mix for seasoning) to give the rice some extra flavor without adding many calories.
  • scheys76
    scheys76 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I make a marinade for mine. It makes enough to marinate 4 checken breast halves. Then I grill it on my George Foreman grill.

3 tablespoons soy sauce
    1 tablespoon honey
    1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    1 teaspoon lime juice
    1 teaspoon chopped garlic

1.In a shallow container, blend soy sauce, honey, vegetable oil, lime juice, and garlic. Place chicken breast halves into the mixture, and turn to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes.

I usually will marinate mine at least overnight. Then grill it up. I got that recipe from allrecipes.com under Key West Chicken
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Baked chicken:

Season with fresh garlic, corse black pepper, chicken seasoning, a little soya sauce, leave to marinate for about half hour if possible. Cut up half red, green peppers, half of onion, I tend to use red, dice 2 fresh toms. Put chicken into roasting tin, need to be slightly deep, surround chicken with cut peppers etc, mix 1/3 cup water, 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tea spoon mustard (French grainy if you can, just my preference mind you!), mix and pour over chicken. Cover with foil or lid, in oven gas marked 6 for about 1 hour 15 minutes or until cooked, served with brown rice and mixed vegatables, or mashed potatoes.
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I use the Lawrys Hawaaian marinade. Grill the chicken and use a fruit salsa on top.

Mandarin oranges, kiwi, peaches, pineapple bits, cilantro and red onions. Super easy and super delicious!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    We use lots of different spices on ours. Tony Chachere's is great as well as Cavinder's (sp?) greek seasoning. Lemon pepper is good as well. We convection roast ours so all the juices are sealed in and it is amazing! Something else I've done is place cooked rice (white or brown; you could also use minute rice) and top with a raw chicken breast, salsa and corn for crunch. Cover it and bake for oh about 20-30 minutes until the chicken is done. YOu can uncover the last few minutes and add some cheese if you like. It is really tasty. Also, grill it with some BBQ sauce. The kind we use only has about 25 calories for 1/4 cup. Good luck!! Remember, variety (in your food) is the spice of life!!!
  • racheyanne1
    Options
    I use the Lawrys Hawaaian marinade. Grill the chicken and use a fruit salsa on top.

Mandarin oranges, kiwi, peaches, pineapple bits, cilantro and red onions. Super easy and super delicious!

That sounds awesome!
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Chicken fajitas:

cut the chicken into strips and grill/pan cook them until they are cooked and no longer pink-remove from pan.
    Spray pan with Olive oil spray or use the reg. oil. add strips of peppers-I use red, yellow, orange and green, and sliced sweet onion. sautee for a few min. add cooked chicken to pan 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup water and fajita seasoning-cook for a couple of min or until well blended with spices.

I usually serve this with corn tortillas or on a bed of brown rice.
  • seemichellerun
    Options
    I ususally just stick it in the crockpot and then shred andput in the fridge to use with differnt meals

This is exactly what I do. I chop up some onion and carrots and put the chicken breast of top (the veggies give the chicken a nice flavor). Stick it in the crock pot for a few hours and then shred up the chicken. I sprinkle it on salads, put it in sandwiches/wraps, add it to soups, etc.
  • reginarb
    Options
    Steam it!

Lay Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts in a large piece of foil. Sprinkle Blue Cheese crumbles on top. Seal the foil around the chicken so no steam can escape. Put about an inch or so of water in the bottom a 9x13 pan put foil with chicken over pan ( I guess you could put it in the pan too) Not sure on the exact time and temp to bake. I think I did mine at 350 for 45 min. I did not have blue cheese once so I used Mozzerella. Super juicy chicken with no additives.
  • Mumblz
    Options
    We love to marinate in Italian Dressing (use light if you want) for a few hours or overnight then grill it on the BBQ. Delicious.