Just wondering

Options
Is anyone that is currently on medication losing weight? I'm on Lyrica and Meloxicam and the scale doesn't seem to be moving.

Sherry

Replies

• newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I'm on Effexor and the occasional Xanax and I'm doing alright...but I've been REALLY lucky and haven't been hit with the side effects of these. Good luck to you!
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    My husband is taking Lyrica (along with a bunch of other stuff because he has Multiple Sclerosis) and he has recently lost 20lbs. He's taking 150mg 3 times a day (A HUGE amount). He found that the key was strength training to build muscle and to remember that it might take longer than other people do. EDIT: He's been on Lyrica for about 3 years now and never fluctuated more than about the 20lbs he's taken off again.

It's only "clinically" said to cause weight gain (or tough loss) in a small amount of patients.
  • sdardar
    Options
    In the few weeks I've been on it, I haven't seen the scale move. I do get some exercise 3 days a week. Maybe I need to try to get more exercise and not eat the extra calories. Don' t really know.
  • hop3
    hop3 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I take meloxicam as does my husband. I am doing pretty well with losing weight, however he is not. It could be that he is also taking Percocet as well. I was on percocet and I ballooned up to 220 pounds. I take it only was i can no longer stand the pain. I have arthritis in my hips and a herniated disk.
  • sdardar
    Options
    I also take Percocet occasionaly at night when the pain is really bad. But try not to since it knocks me on my *kitten*.