What to do what to do?

Options
I got home today from running around and on my chair at my desk was a box of girl scout cookies THIN MINTS! My fav and my daughter knows this, but not a weakness ( I love salty treats). Now thing is I read if I have 4 of them its 160 calories. So like today I am under my calorie goal so I could eat some.
Wondering if I should keep them on desk as a treat on days I am under my goal OR do I give them back? REMEMBER they are my favorite.

Replies

• RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I have eaten Thin Mints since I joined this site. Calories are not our enemy...they are actually what fuels our body. I say eat them as long as you log them on your calorie counts. It is okay to indulge once in a while....otherwise..if you are like me you start to crave things like Thin Mints.

Good luck!
  • alliej
    alliej Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I got home today from running around and on my chair at my desk was a box of girl scout cookies THIN MINTS! My fav and my daughter knows this, but not a weakness ( I love salty treats). Now thing is I read if I have 4 of them its 160 calories. So like today I am under my calorie goal so I could eat some.
    Wondering if I should keep them on desk as a treat on days I am under my goal OR do I give them back? REMEMBER they are my favorite.

I personally would get rid of them....out of sight out of mind. But it is your choice.
  • ilvpsu
    ilvpsu Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I think I'd save them as a treat, think of it like this: one of them is only 40 calories....so, savor them!
  • Higglyjiggly64
    Options
    I agree, save them for days you are under. If you can limit them and stay w/in your calorie range, it's a win-win. And definitely log them in. I have passed items up because I just didn't want to see that calorie total go up.
  • Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293
    Options
    I destroy any kind of unhealthy food that is a threat to me--basically if I cannot handle having it around because I know that I'll end up binging on it. If you can keep them in sight and only have some when you're under your goal then I'd say go for it. If you aren't absolutely sure of that, though, then I'd give them back or, at the very least, put them someplace where I can't see them.
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Give them away! You don't need temptation and if you need to catch up on calories there are better things to eat than cookies! You will know those cookies are there and you will tell yourself "oh, one cookie wouldn't hurt". The sugar found in fruits is better for you then processed foods and metabolizes faster. I'm a salty treat person too and don't keep a single potato chip in the house because I would grab one or two and then three making excuses for them. REMEMBER HOW WE ALL GOT HERE. It wasn't from eatting too many salads and fruitys. You don't need temptation!
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Eat them as a treat...If you have control then its fine and if not give them away. I have found that when I keep things away I feel I end up bingeing. Just have 4 or 2 when you have extra calories...:)
    And enjoy every bite!!!
  • nevergonnagiveup
    Options
    My solution is to invite lots of friends over for a coffee and share those cookies! (a problem shared is a problem halved! :D) You get 1 or 2 each, all gone, fun chats and a good time! This is what my friends and I do when faced with this. We call it our 'binge' day (2 cookies???)Then...the person giving you those treats won't have their feelings hurt (unless they do it all the time and then you have to question why aren't they understanding your needs :frown: )
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I had Do si dos (peanut butter oatmeal) and they were a perfect little treat when I wanted one. Two were only 110 calories and I didn't sit down with the entire box, just ate them when I had room in the calories. :)
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    If you have the control, put them in the freezer (out of sight) and savor them over time.
  • hyoung3
    hyoung3 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'd maybe look at them as 4 little rewards.... if you enjoy the treat, but can resist having all of them, have one and save the others when you reach mini-goals. Each goal deserves a reward !!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Only you can answer this question. Are you a emotional eater or a person who eats when they are bored or really busy? If so, get rid of them. If you are a person that knows moderation and have the ability to see sweets and know they are a want and not a need them keep them around. You just have to be honest with yourself about your situation.

I don't believe in the notion of I'm under my calories so I can eat whatever I want. Eating whatever I wanted got me fat. If its not a healthy treat I really don't want it. I love thin mints. They are my fav Girl Scout cookies and my kids have a sleeve in the frig. I'm to the point that those thin mints are not a need or even a want for me. I want my goal more.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    i think keeping them as a treat is fine, especially since they aren't your true weakness (i also crave salty treats!). If its something you know you can keep in moderation, go for it, but you know yourself best :)
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    If you have the control, put them in the freezer (out of sight) and savor them over time.

Exactly what I was going to say! They freeze wonderfully and when I bury them in the freezer I forget about them then they're there when I really want one and can "afford" it :)
  • 1FITmamaofTWINS
    Options
    GET RID OF THEM.... ALLOW YOUR SELF ONE DAY A WEEK TO HAVE A CHEAT MEAL....

you have to look at it this way.............. you might be under your calorie goal but it's better to fill your body with calories that consist of nutrients benificial to your health. Whenever I have extra calories left over I eat something with protein in it.... you can neverrrr get enough protein. It protects your muscles
  • motivated42
    Options
    Since it is your favorite and you might get tempted. I would definitely put them out of sight! Then when you are under your calorie count, that could be a little treat for you.
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I stuck them in the freezer as a little treat on occasion. Thanks for the input everyone!