Boby Pump

Options
Does any one know how to log a Body Pump class in the excercise log?

Replies

• backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    As with anything your burn depends on how hard you work, which weights you use etc.

Only a HRM will tell you for sure.

I think the normal strength training score underestimaltes it. Well it certainly does for me. I can easily burn 450 in it but use quite hard weights.
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Until I can get a HRM I just log it as Strength Training. I would rather underestimate than over estimate.
  • buggaboo99
    buggaboo99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How do you log it under strength training? I don't care if its exact but just want it more as a record since I know I've done it and can go back and see how much I'm doing each week for accountability.
  • cie247
    Options
    I'm taking a BodyPump class currently, but must admit I haven't been doing a great job of logging it. That's actually ok for now as I know the results of the workout has helped me build muscle, endurance and lose weight.

What I will attempt to do at some point is create an exercise entry (Exercise > My Exercise > Create Exercise), name it something like "BodyPump -- Regular" and enter the following (this is just an example, btw)...

Exercise Type: Strength Training
    Sets: 28 (that's 4 sets each for every exercise in the class: squats, lunges, biceps, triceps, chest, shoulders, back)
    Reps/set: 10 (or how ever many is done in the class)
    Weight/Set: 55 lbs (an average of how much weight I do across the entire range of exercises)

Give it a try and see if it works for you.

Best wishes...
    Curt
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I'm taking a BodyPump class currently, but must admit I haven't been doing a great job of logging it. That's actually ok for now as I know the results of the workout has helped me build muscle, endurance and lose weight.

What I will attempt to do at some point is create an exercise entry (Exercise > My Exercise > Create Exercise), name it something like "BodyPump -- Regular" and enter the following (this is just an example, btw)...

Exercise Type: Strength Training
    Sets: 28 (that's 4 sets each for every exercise in the class: squats, lunges, biceps, triceps, chest, shoulders, back)
    Reps/set: 10 (or how ever many is done in the class)
    Weight/Set: 55 lbs (an average of how much weight I do across the entire range of exercises)

Give it a try and see if it works for you.

Best wishes...
    Curt

Seriously? Counting the reps & sets in Pump???:laugh:

Good luck to you. There's got to be at least 80 squats in this release alone...??
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I put it under strength training in the cardio log. But i'm pretty sure it under estimates too...
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I used my HRM in class this wek and reckoned I burned around 450 during the hour. I usually record it under cardio, but use the strength record for when I'm using the other weight machines in the gym. But it would be good to be able to record the increasing Pump weights that I'm able to handle, I might look into that!