Share your chicken recipes!

Options
I love chicken! But everytime I cook with it, only boring recipes come to mind! I need some new, fun and nutritious ways to eat chicken! Please share you chicken recipes with me!

Replies

• Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Try frying it up in some salsa, it taste great
  • ZumbaGirl86
    Options
    I just made a chicken dish the other night. EASIEST recipe ever! Pulled Chicken Salsa!

I took boneless chicken breasts and put them in a crock pot with a jar of medium salsa. (you can use mild or hot salsa, it depends on your preferences)

Cook on low for 6-7 hours then take two forks and pull apart chicken. I let it sit for another 30 - 45 minutes while I prepped everything else.

We made tacos with it. Added some black beans, lettuce, etc.

You can also make pulled chicken sandwiches if you want too!
  • hop3
    hop3 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I like to marinate my chicken with lemon juice and liquid smoke.....mmmm I can't wait for summer! I'm craving a good home doen chicken BBQ
  • Sandikh
    Sandikh Posts: 116
    Options
    Flatten chicken between saran wrap. Season with oregano, pepper, garlic powder. Place fresh spinach leafs and feta cheese on top of chicken and roll. Hold closed with toothpicks if necessary. Bake as usual.
  • makeupinmanhatten
    Options
    These all sound delicious and I'm excited
    To try them! Im glad you all are creative with chicken :) ha
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    ok chicken is about all we eat in my house
    So here are a few of our favs:

~~Oven fried Chicken- same great crunch Way less fat
    1 c AP flour
    2 packets of italian dressing mix ( or you can use italian seasoning )
    1 1/2 tsp paprika
    1 tsp salt ( you only need this b/c it is what helps the juices to stay in chicken)
    1 tsp basil
    1 tsp orgenao
    1/2 tsp onion powder
    1/2 tsp curry powder ( this is opt if you dont want the HEAT factor)
    1 c. 2% milk
    2 broiler/fryer chickens ( 4 oz each ) cut up . If you dont know how to butcher a chicken then google it or ask your meat counter to do it for you
    1/4 c. butter ( melted)
    Line your baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
    Combine your flour, dressing mix( italian seasoning) , and other seasonings in a large zippy bag.
    pour your milk in a shallow dish ( one large enough to fit your chicken in
    Dip your chicken into the milk then put in your zippy bag, you can put a few pcs in the bag at a time. Shake it up to coat it over
    place on your pan and then drizzle all the chicken with your melted butter
    bake at 350 degrees for 35-50 mins or until your chicken juices are CLEAR. temp of done chicken is 165 degrees.

~~Whole Wheat pasta saute with Chicken and Spinach
    3 CUPS OF WHOLE WHEAT PASTA - COOK TO AL DENTE
    3 BAKED CHICKEN TENDERS JUST SEASONED WITH PEPPER(DICE UP)
    1 CAN OF FIRE ROASTED TOMATO W/ GARLIC
    1 TSP MINCED GARLIC
    DICED ONION ( AS TO HOW MUCH YOU LIKE)
    1 CUP MARINARA SAUCE
    3 HAND FULLS OF FRESH SPINACH
    3 TBSP EVOO

IN A LARGE SAUTE PAN PUT YOUR EVOO IN AND WHEN IT IS HOT ADD YOUR ONIONS & GARLIC SAUTE FOR A FEW MINS THEN ADD YOUR SPINACH , LET IT WILT DOWN SOME AND THEN ADD YOUR 1/2 YOUR CAN OF ROASTED TOMATO AND REDUCE THE HEAT. LET IT SIMMER FOR ABOUT 4 MINS AND THEN ADD YOUR CUP OF MARINARA AND CHICKEN. BRING BACK TO A MED HEAT AND ADD YOUR PASTA. TOSS AROUND LIGHTLY TO MAKE SURE ALL PASTA IS COVERED.
    TURN OFF AND LET IT SIT FOR 5 MINS. I CRUNCHED UP SOME PARMESAN GOLDFISH FOR A TOPPER

~~Chicken and Spinach Frittata ( OF COURSE YOU HAVE TO WATCH THE CHOL ON THIS WITH EGGS)
    Using fresh spinach put a handle full in a shallow pan and add some water and wilt it down. once done lay out on paper towel so it can soak up the remaining water.
    Then dice up two chicken tenders with some onions and peppers and season with salt and pepper. Put some EVOO in your pan and saute your chicken & onions,peppers. Make sure your chicken is cooked thru ( temp at 160 degrees)
    In a bowl beat 3 large eggs and then get a oven safe dish that is 6 or 8 inches round. I used one of my larger souffle dishes make sure you coat your dish well with oven spray or EVOO . You dont want your egg to stick during the cooking process.
    Once your chicken is done , put your chicken, onions, peppers and spinach in the bottom of your dish. Then pour your eggs on top. I added a dot of sour cream in there to add some creamy texture to the eggs. You could use cream cheese if desired.
    Cook for 30 mins at 400 degrees or until eggs are cooked thru. Let rest for a few mins and slid onto your plate and enjoy!!

*CHEF JENN*
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Here is one we tried the other night, take some pecans, smash them or chop them, put them over some chicken breasts with a lil worstershire sauce and some rasberry walnut vingerette dressing, they tast awesome, just put them in the oven in a pan with about 1/2 to a cup of water in the pan, and broil at 400 for about 22-25 minutes.

Another, we found some peach/pineapple/chipotle salsa at walmart, put a couple of tbs over top the chicken breasts with some minced garlic, broil the same way as above, they both taste delicious.:happy:
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I made a quick and simple teriyaki chicken tonight. I know that probably sounds ordinary, but it was sooooo good! I butterflied the chicken breasts. For the teriyaki sauce I used half Paula Deen's peach dressing and half KC Masterpiece honey teriyaki sauce. The peach dressing only has 4g of carbs vs. 9 in the teriyaki. Mixing them not only tasted great, but it lowered the carbs and sodium (30mg vs. 360mg) considerably. I set 1/2 of the marinade to the side for dipping and used the other half for basting. You could probably even make it 3:1. I baked it 30 minutes and basted it every 10 minutes. The sodium was still kinda high...but less than it would have been using only the teriyaki sauce. The other nutritional values were very good. My food diary is public. Take a look at it to see the exact nutritional information.
  • hlmpyar
    Options
    Somehow, I discovered a couple years ago that Ranch Salad Dressing ( that I normally think is gross ) tastes absolutely delicious as a chicken marinade. I experimented and found out it's only good if the chicken marinates in it for at least 2 full days in the refrigerator so it has plenty of time to soak into the chicken.
  • cjudesaenz
    cjudesaenz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    my favorite is marinating thin sliced chicken breast in zesty Italian dressing, california lemon pepper, and fresh squeezed lemon juice. I pound it leave it in the fridge for a good while then you can grill it, bake it, or broil it and the flavor is amazing.... sooooo goood
  • cathyv0409
    cathyv0409 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I read one that I am going to try tomorrow but haven't yet to be honest :wink:

4 chicken breasts
    1 can of pineapple
    Crushed red pepper to taste

Cook it in a crock pot for 7-8 hours.

I think the pineapple and hot taste together will be good. I sure hope so!!
  • makeupinmanhatten
    Options
    You all make me want to get up and cook some chicken! Great recipes thank you!
  • utah_angel1971
    Options
    ok here it is. I love it but i'm not sure HOW healthy it is as i havent ever checked. :) so maybe we can figure it out.

modified version of 40 clove garlic chickn
    3 boneless skinless chicken breast
    sm bottle of crushed garlic
    parsley
    oregano
    1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
    brown chicken breasts on both sides. Stick in small baking dish, add oil, garlic, seasonings, cover with foil baked 40 min at 350. Then what i do is cook up some whole wheat pasta throw in a few tablespoons of the oil, garlic, toss and serve with salad.
  • makeupinmanhatten
    Options
    ok here it is. I love it but i'm not sure HOW healthy it is as i havent ever checked. :) so maybe we can figure it out.

modified version of 40 clove garlic chickn
    3 boneless skinless chicken breast
    sm bottle of crushed garlic
    parsley
    oregano
    1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
    brown chicken breasts on both sides. Stick in small baking dish, add oil, garlic, seasonings, cover with foil baked 40 min at 350. Then what i do is cook up some whole wheat pasta throw in a few tablespoons of the oil, garlic, toss and serve with salad.
    Mmm it sound super healthy and delicious!