JUST ONE DAY!!! That's all I ask...

jtodacheeny
jtodacheeny Posts: 181 Member
edited September 24 in Health and Weight Loss
Just one day, that's all I ask of myself. For the past month I have just given up. My heart has not been in this. We have had a few issues in my family that have truely been mini crisis' and I have allowed them to get me completely out of focus and off track. And I cannot seem to shake it!! So tomorrow, I am going to log my food and THINK about my food and really try. That's how I started and that is how I am going to have to get back on the ball.

So just one day, that's all I ask. And that is all any of us can ask of ourselves. Today. Not tomorrow or yesterday. Today.
I will set my eyes on Him, I will allow Him to give me peace that passes all understanding, and I will ask Him for help. For Just One Day.

Have a blessed day to All !!!

Replies

• erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Have a Blessed day to you, and good luck!
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Have you ever heard the song "One Day at a Time" by "The Friends"? It is a great song and your post made me think of it. Anyway, I just wanted to say welcome back and best wishes to you in your endeavors. And you are definitely right, it does take one day at a time, no looking back at our yesterdays and beating ourselves up and no looking at tomorrow trying to know what will happen. Again best wishes on this journey.
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Good luck!

And don't worry too much about getting off track. We all have some bumps in life. The only thing that counts is that you get back into it, and lead a healthy life. =)
  • gregory05us
    gregory05us Posts: 18 Member
    You CAN do this and you will! I will be praying for you and you will find your strength in him!
  • safran01
    safran01 Posts: 6 Member
    One day at time is all can ask myself to do too. I think it's easier to think about it that way, otherwise I stress out about how I'm possibly going to keep doing this. Good Luck!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    You are on the right track. Continue focusing on the present.
  • jtodacheeny
    Hey everyone, thank you all so much for the positive words! It's great to have people encouraging one another and cheering us on our way to a common goal!
  • Amen! I got way off track this past week and was feeling really down on myself, but I got up this morning and asked God to push me to the gym ;) and I tracked my food.... today I did good, tomorrow I will try again! We fall down, but we get up! (Donnie McClurkin song)
  • jtodacheeny
    msmissi - congratulations on a good day today! Tomorrow is a new day, His mercies are new every morning and we have so much to look forward to each day!! Have a good day tomorrow! I will do my best and be pleased with it!
  • jtodacheeny
    j
This discussion has been closed.