Breakfast ideas?

Options
raetime80
raetime80 Posts: 9 Member
I'm not a big fan of breakfast food (except sugary cereal, unfortunately) so what are some ideas for an easy/healthy breakfast?

Replies

• kristinwalker
    kristinwalker Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    One of the best pieces of advice I have ever heard was that you don't have to eat breakfast food for breakfast. If you like chicken salads or sandwiches, have it for breakfast. If you like soup or leftovers for breakfast, have it. You don't have to eat food other people say are for breakfast. All breakfast is, is breaking your fast. Eat healthy, log it and just enjoy what you have! THAT is what matters. Good luck!
  • Dhinkson
    Dhinkson Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I really find that oatmeal is quick and filling. I also do a multiple grain waffle with a little peanut butter. Hope this helps!!
  • jmmran03
    jmmran03 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Have you tried almond butter? Having some on a plain unsalted rice cake is really tasty. I like fruit cups too - Del Monte makes ones packed in water which have no added sugar. I usually have a mandarin orange cup with breakfast - has vitamin C and lots of potassium, which I have trouble working into my diet usually.
  • newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    eggtastic wrap

2 eggs scramble
    1-2 slice bacon
    avocado slices
    ezkeile sprout wrap / or whole wheat torilla
    mixed greens

yum
  • Sirenism
    Sirenism Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Bagels with Cream cheese or Peanut butter.
    Ham and cheese bagel toasted.
    Left overs.
    Warmed Peaches and cool-whip.
    Sugar-Free Jello Pudding
    Chocolate Rice cake topped with cool-whip or peanut butter.
    Cottage cheese. (I like to crush up chips and add pepper and tabasco to mine)

Anything that suits your fancy would really make for a good breakfast. My Husband eats pasta for breakfast, as well as hamburgers and what not. He hates eggs and other breakfast foods. I try to get something carby to eat for breakfast so that I won't be as hungry come lunch time. :)
  • newDZ
    Options
    greek yogurt with blueberries and ground flaxseed
    1oz (only) macadamia nuts
    sprinkle cinnamon on top

yum
  • thelassiemickyjames
    Options
    if you like sugary breakfast, make french toast!!! I use 45 calorie slices of whole grain bread (sara lee), and egg beaters to dip it in (30 calories/1 whole egg serving). I add cinnimon & salt to the egg beaters, soak the bread in it, fry it in a pan with 0 calorie spray oil, and measure out one serving of REAL maple syrup, not the corn syrupy brands like mrs. butterworths or anything. Its so low cal I usually have 2 pieces and then have a couple pieces of turkey bacon. Super good!!!!
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I agree that you don't HAVE to have breakfast food at breakfast. I dislike most breakfast food, so I more often than not don't have those type foods for breakfast.

If you want to, though, french toast is quick and easy. Just beat an egg, cinnamon, a splash of milk, vanilla and dip in pieces of wheat bread and cook in a pan. Quick, easy, nutritious, and tastey.
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I usually make some whole wheat toast/waffles with a small spread of nutella, might add pieces of banana on that, or I'll have some yogurt and I like to add some Kashi go lean crunch cereal to it (if it's just vanilla yogurt I'll add some type of fruit!) Very yummy! I don't eat a lot of eggs and oatmeal isn't very appealing to me. I'd rather sit down and eat a big plate of pancakes and hasbrowns but the toast/yogurt will suffice! :)
  • vballer21
    Options
    1 whole egg + 3 tablespoons egg whites scrambled
    1 thomas light english muffin (toasted w/a couple sprays 0 cal. butter)
    1 slice american cheese

about 250 calories & sooo good.

also i'll have....
    half cup fiber one mixed w/whole grain cheerios & fruit
    omlettes
    oatmeal
    bagel thins w/fat free cream cheese & blueberries
  • MissAllison
    Options
    I'm generally have a protein shake or bar and maybe a piece of fruit, or a fruit smoothie. If you like boiled egg whites, those are another good option.
  • newDZ
    Options
    One of the best pieces of advice I have ever heard was that you don't have to eat breakfast food for breakfast. If you like chicken salads or sandwiches, have it for breakfast. If you like soup or leftovers for breakfast, have it. You don't have to eat food other people say are for breakfast. All breakfast is, is breaking your fast. Eat healthy, log it and just enjoy what you have! THAT is what matters. Good luck!

i completely agree--
    i am the girl who eats salads at every meal.

i have also eaten jenny-o's turkey burger with avocado and a lil feta cheese with a big old salad for breakfast.

i tend to eat most of my calories earlier in the day and lighten up as the day progresses.
  • fontaine3b
    Options
    I have found that Frosted Mini Wheats (bite size) are great for breakfast!! I myself eat them without milk, nice crunch with a little sweetness!!

Sometimes I half the serving, I will have 12 biscuits before I take the kids to school and after cleaning up the get out the door rush I will finish the rest of the serving, another 12 biscuits.

Also not bad as a snack!!
  • newDZ
    Options
    PUMPKIN SHAKE

almond milk
    a frozen banana (put in fridge night before use instead of ice as to not dilute flavor)
    1/3c pumpkin puree
    1tbs flaxseed oil (a great healthy omega-3 source) great nutty flavor
    1/3 cup greek yogurt (you can pop in the freezer too/but not necessary)
    cinnamon (great spice for weight loss)
    nutmeg (great spice for weight loss)
    agave or stevia to sweeten (a sweetner-- sometimes i don't use any)

you can also used your fav fruits for any type of shake- strawberry/banana/pineapple/blueberry)
  • Rdlm1001
    Rdlm1001 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Orowheat thin 100 cal roll, 1/4 cup egg beater/reddi egg, 2 slices of oscar meyer precooked bacon, 1/2 slice sargento reduced fat thin sliced cheese. It's less than 200 calories and feels decadent and filling:) Better than Mickey D's... Not really, but close enough. LOL
  • newDZ
    Options
    Kashi cereals are good, add banana or blueberry
  • newDZ
    Options
    love the dancing p90x kitty.