Anyone else eat fast food alot and still lose?

Options
2»

Replies

• sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I just saw where you are from Apo, IN. I'm originally from IN. Where is Apo?

haha! I am stationed in Japan.. so its a military APO/FPO.. I couldn't figure out how to type in my city where I am in Japan. But I am originally from Terre Haute!

You're in Japan and you eat Burger King?! But... with all the delicious, delicious options that surround you (not necessarily any healthier for you, but wow...)? If I was in Japan, I'd be fat from all the ramen, udon, and tempura I'd eat (and if I weren't a vegetarian, all the sushi!)
  • lel2259
    lel2259 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Love Subway Veggie on flatbread with the redwine vinegar!!
  • danielle4992
    danielle4992 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just saw where you are from Apo, IN. I'm originally from IN. Where is Apo?

haha! I am stationed in Japan.. so its a military APO/FPO.. I couldn't figure out how to type in my city where I am in Japan. But I am originally from Terre Haute!

You're in Japan and you eat Burger King?! But... with all the delicious, delicious options that surround you (not necessarily any healthier for you, but wow...)? If I was in Japan, I'd be fat from all the ramen, udon, and tempura I'd eat (and if I weren't a vegetarian, all the sushi!)

Oh trust me I eat all the good stuff! But at lunch it's hard to venture off base and make it back in my one hour lunch time. But the sodium is outrageous in the sushi! And I retain water like a sponge! The japanese eat lots of sodium, but all the green tea they drink helps flush their systems, I drink green tea, but not as much as them!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I live in Japan on a military base, so the options I have are: Pizza Hut, Wing Street, A&W, Charlees, Taco Bell, Baskin Robins, Subway, Cinnabon, Anthony's pizza, and Burger King. I usually go with BK :) Bc thats about one of the only places where I can feel FULL on 500-800 calories

wow. They really do try and recreate 'home' there!!

I lived in Japan for a couple of years, and even their homegrown quick foods would be unhealthy - sushi isn't cheap!!! Heaven only knows what they'd put int the obento boxes and as for the eat wihtin 20 minutes 1300gms curry/rice combo - it just looked revolting!!!

I'm surprised you find the BK fills you up though - I remember being so shocked at how small a McD burger was!!

Many Japanese swear by Konyaku jelly to help with weight loss - I think it is a seaweed-based product. Ramen probably is pretty good too (mmm. kimchi ramen........) although still high in sodium. The only other option, which you probably don't have, is cooking for yourself.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Ha! My son has an APO address! He is stationed at a COP in Patyka, Afghanistan. Anyway, are you starting out needing to lose a lot of weight or a little? I am starting out at over 200 pounds and there is no way I would lose weight eating burgers and fries. I will tell you, I use to eat that way and not gain weight. As I got older and my metabolism slowed down I payed the price as I slowly put on weight. It was a slow gain, so I didn't realize just how bad it was until it was too late. Now I am over 100 pounds overweight. Maybe you should switch to MRE's!! Just kidding!:laugh:
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't have many positive things to say about fast food. To me it kind of defies the object to follow a heatlhy eating 'plan' and still eat crap...

Surely as well as losing weight one of the main objectives when you choose to lose weight is to educate yourself about food and make the most of your calories by eating good, healthy, home-made food that is nutritious and balanced. Its all about learning to make good choices IMO...

I coud live on one MacDonalds a day and stay within calorie goal but I am pretty sure that would make me ill very quickly.

I m not totally against fast food, I have it occasionally and it serves a purpose.

Even prior to signing up here though I would never dream of eating it every day!!

I know different things work for different people and the OP has successfully lost weight whilst eating fast food.

But do you know what a yummy, healthy, home-cooked meal you could have for 600 calories?? (using the Taco Bell example!).
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I live in Japan on a military base, so the options I have are: Pizza Hut, Wing Street, A&W, Charlees, Taco Bell, Baskin Robins, Subway, Cinnabon, Anthony's pizza, and Burger King. I usually go with BK :) Bc thats about one of the only places where I can feel FULL on 500-800 calories

When do go out I go to Arby's I get a roast beef portion with no bun. I just eat the meat and it knocks the calories down to just over 200. I don't get fries, I get a side salad. I don't do it often because the sodium is still over 1400 grams and I like to keep it under 2500 a day. I eat 1200 calories a day though and only 120 carbs (I am insulin dependent diabetic)...an 800 calorie meal :noway: wouldn't leave me much for the rest of the day.
    :flowerforyou: Angela
  • danielle4992
    Options
    I only have 5 more lbs to lose until I am a at a healthy 135 lbs. I guess I was exaggerating when I say everyday... more like 2-3 MAYBE 4 times a week at lunch, and I always end up staying under my calorie goal. I cook breakfast and dinner for myself. Like today I had a whopper jr. with cheese, a small fry, and a diet coke.. I ended my day with grilled chicken breast, steamed rice and green beans... so I DO eat healthy. I don't want people to think I am a fast food junkie... the point of this post was to find out who still eats it on a regular basis, and is still losing weight. I have just learned to cut down on my portions. I used to order a LARGE fry, regular coke and a big whopper with cheese... Ohhh I am-a changin :)
  • danielle4992
    Options

wow. They really do try and recreate 'home' there!!

I lived in Japan for a couple of years, and even their homegrown quick foods would be unhealthy - sushi isn't cheap!!! Heaven only knows what they'd put int the obento boxes and as for the eat wihtin 20 minutes 1300gms curry/rice combo - it just looked revolting!!!

I'm surprised you find the BK fills you up though - I remember being so shocked at how small a McD burger was!!

Many Japanese swear by Konyaku jelly to help with weight loss - I think it is a seaweed-based product. Ramen probably is pretty good too (mmm. kimchi ramen........) although still high in sodium. The only other option, which you probably don't have, is cooking for yourself.

I don't like the curry here either or the Ramen lol... I like some sushi though, but goodness I gain 3-4 lbs in water weight the following day , then drink a bunch of green tea and flush it out the next day :) I do cook for myself often, just not at lunch time, unless I want to eat left overs from dinner the day before. The burger king is on base so its americanized. But the Mickey D's off base is amazing, everything looks like the pictures when you get it , lol.
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I only have 5 more lbs to lose until I am a at a healthy 135 lbs. I guess I was exaggerating when I say everyday... more like 2-3 MAYBE 4 times a week at lunch, and I always end up staying under my calorie goal. I cook breakfast and dinner for myself. Like today I had a whopper jr. with cheese, a small fry, and a diet coke.. I ended my day with grilled chicken breast, steamed rice and green beans... so I DO eat healthy. I don't want people to think I am a fast food junkie... the point of this post was to find out who still eats it on a regular basis, and is still losing weight. I have just learned to cut down on my portions. I used to order a LARGE fry, regular coke and a big whopper with cheese... Ohhh I am-a changin :)

I am not knocking you hun - your weightloss is absolutely phenomenal - I mean wow!!!

I just know myself and I know that if I ate fast food a lot then it would mess with my blood sugar levels.. Fast food has never really filled me up :-(
    The more junk I eat the more junk I want!!

My personal goal {as well as losing weight} is to get into the habit of being healthy 80% of the time. That still leaves room for a few treats / a meal out / a few drinks at the pub etc... but for the most part I am going to be consistent with my body and fuel it with things I know will keep my energy levels up and my blood sugar regulated (to stop any cravings)