Can I lose 25 pounds by June?

Options
Hello!

I want to lose 25 pounds by June 6....By birthday and the start of swimming/camping/summer season. I currently weigh about 203..Any advice? Tips? Tricks? Thanks!

Hannah

Replies

• FatDoctor
    FatDoctor Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    yes you can
  • prila13
    prila13 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Just get out and get walking everyday for at least 30 minutes. Watching your calories by using MFP. I've lost 3 lbs in 2 weeks by just walking. Once you have walked a week for 30 minutes, increase it by 5-10 mins each time. It boosts your energy plus increases your calories burned. And, if you are religiously logging your correct calories and watching your amounts that you eat, plus exercising, you can drop the amount of weight you want by the date you want.
  • Tassie25
    Options
    Hello Im trying to lose bout 40lbs by my Birthday in July! You made one great step already joining MFP! Got an exercise program in mind?
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I'd say yes. Last year I joined on March 14th and I lost 30lbs before July 20th. And that included gained five pounds back on while vacationing at an all-inclusive in Mexico in April/May and losng it again. lol

And I didn't even start working out at all until September, that was purely following the caloric allowance given to me by MFP.
  • Athaiguy
    Athaiguy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 Lbs in 2 months it can be done
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    From now till June is over 13 weeks. If there is no medical reason to prevent it, you can lose 2lb a week using a sensible exercise and eating regime. MFP will help you track that - It's great to have a goal to focus and work towards. Really, your question depends on HOW MUCH you want this! In the timescale given it is very doable. I have lost 18lbs in 46 days I do a lot of cardio work and eat very well within my limits. Starvation never works, but the MFP way does :wink:

Good luck, and keep us posted on your progress!

rgds, David
  • marinesbrat
    Options
    Yes, you can! Like others have said get out & talk a walk for atleast 30 minutes a day & increase the time by 5-10 minutes a week. You can do it! I also want to lose 35-40lbs by the end of May. We just have to stay motivted & determined! Good luck! :)
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    From now till June is over 13 weeks. If there is no medical reason to prevent it, you can lose 2lb a week using a sensible exercise and eating regime. MFP will help you track that - It's great to have a goal to focus and work towards. Really, your question depends on HOW MUCH you want this! In the timescale given it is very doable. I have lost 18lbs in 46 days I do a lot of cardio work and eat very well within my limits. Starvation never works, but the MFP way does :wink:

Good luck, and keep us posted on your progress!

rgds, David

I agree.