New and trying to gain

ashahl
ashahl Posts: 81
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
Hi i'm Ashley I'm 18 and just finished highschool. Since the age of 15 I have struggled with a severe eating disorder. However I am finally at a place where I am mentally well enough to really see my body as it is and finally get rid of this disorder. I see how undernourished I am and the fact that it is taking away from my looks not enhancing them. I'm tired of exerting all of my energy and wasting my life to be a little stick figure with everyone wondering whether I have a terminal illness. I want my boobs and *kitten* back!!! I want to be curvy and toned so I can finally feel attractive and be healthy.

I joined MyFitnessPal in order to track my nutrition, food intake, exercise and help me stay on track by letting me know just how many calories I need to gain weight and whether I have met my daily requirements. Through strength training and increasing my food intake I hope to gain a muscular, curvy and healthy body.

I would appreciate any tips from those with similiar goals to myself :)

Replies

• jbollinger
    jbollinger Posts: 1 Member
    I
  • Hello Ashley, welcome to MFP... Although I am currently working on loosing the last few lbs of weight I gained from a broken ankle, I have been in similar shoes as you. Congrats on your commitment to yourself and being healthy. You have some great goals. Take it slow. Lift hard and heavy for muscle gain and lots and lots of protein. Good luck on your journey. :smile:
  • Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member
    HI Ashley! Good for you - I'm trying to lose, but I can appreciate your struggle to be healthy and have a healthy body image too. You can do it!
This discussion has been closed.