snacking

Options
Hello everyone, I'm trying to lose 25 lbs. I love salty snacks like chips and really crave them badly. It's the one thing that could ruin this whole thing for me. I've got 11 lbs to go and I'm not sure I'll get there and/or stay there. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Rickv67
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, except I'm losing more tonnage (as I like to refer my weight as). I just started eating a bit differently.

What I started doing is buying certain nuts and separating them by serving size. I keep only a certain number out, so I know if they're not on the table, then they're verboten. Too bad. So sad.

One of my weaknesses are "Cheetos", and I do the same thing. I keep one cup in a bag (I bag up the whole package and put them in the pantry) and leave it out. one cup isn't THAT bad, but it can quickly get out of control if you don't actually measure what you're eating.

It takes will power, but as long as you can try to at least try to fight those urges, you'll succeed.

Best of luck.
  • demone00
    demone00 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    preztels
    mini rice cakes
    popcorn
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    You can still have your snacks. It's better to satisfy a craving with a portion that fits into your daily calories than to forbid them entirely and end up binging on a whole bag (trust me!). Portion out a whole bag of chips into individual bags so you're not tempted to sit down with a whole bag, thinking you'll have control. Just don't make them your whole lunch. :) Good luck! You can do it!
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, except I'm losing more tonnage (as I like to refer my weight as). I just started eating a bit differently.

What I started doing is buying certain nuts and separating them by serving size. I keep only a certain number out, so I know if they're not on the table, then they're verboten. Too bad. So sad.

One of my weaknesses are "Cheetos", and I do the same thing. I keep one cup in a bag (I bag up the whole package and put them in the pantry) and leave it out. one cup isn't THAT bad, but it can quickly get out of control if you don't actually measure what you're eating.

It takes will power, but as long as you can try to at least try to fight those urges, you'll succeed.

Best of luck.

Have you tried the baked Cheetos!? They're amazing! I use a food scale to portion everything out. It works great!
  • CatseyeHardcast
    CatseyeHardcast Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Portion control is the key. After a while you will be surprised how much (50g-250cals) of Cheetos is. It is a big bowl!
  • AdrianCountsToo
    Options
    my problem is when my girlfriend and I watch a movie or decide to go out to eat... we indulge way too much. We have both eaten a XLARGE back of M&M's, and still managed to demolish Resses and some Twix bars...

I am at 186, from 165... It could be worse, but I am just happy I am doing something about it finally
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    get some veggie straws!!
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Sam's Club and Meijer sell these things called Veggie Straws. They are crunchy like chips. They are shaped kinda like licorice but shorter. 38 of them (which fills up a big bowl) and only have 15 grams of carbs! They satisfy that craving for something crunchy and salty both. See if you can find them. You will love them!