Numbness

Options
When I walk I notice my right hand for some reason goes numb. I walk with the swaying motion but it still does it. Any one have input?

Replies

• paleslypink
    paleslypink Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It may be poor circulation or perhaps something else. I would ask your doctor about it to rule out anything potentially life threatening.
  • LadyT02182011
    Options
    I agree! I would definitely talk to your doctor about that asap! Your health is nothing to fool around with.
  • Kiwijay
    Kiwijay Posts: 216
    Options
    I used to get that all the time, it was just circulation for me. Make sure you move your arms a lot and your fingers and hands. I used to just walk with my hands on my side and the blood went straight to them now I move my arms more it doesn't happen as much. Hope this all makes sense. Good luck with it
  • maeghanalyson
    Options
    I get it in my arms and hands and legs and feet. Not all at the same time usually. lol but I get Raynauds and I have connective tissue diseases. I would get it checked out to be sure there is nothing else going on.
  • helluva4
    Options
    Thanks guys for your input! Now I'm worried!
  • zoink66
    zoink66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Try clapping occasionally while you're walking, once every couple of steps or so.
    I know it sounds silly (and honestly, I used to think it looked a bit silly as well), but it works wonders. I don't see people doing it much in the US, but in Asia, particularly China, everybody who walks/runs for exercise does it, and everyone will tell you it's to increase and maintain circulation. Some people clap on every step! Just swing your arms straight out in front and clap. It's got to be a straight-ish arm clap and not a bent arm clap in front of your body. My hands used to get a bit numb as well when I walked, particularly when I kept them bent, but this solved it.
  • helluva4
    Options
    Hmmm, will try and see, Thanks!