success with quitting smoking

Options
well today is my 6th day without cigarettes, and im going in this morning to join a state of the art health club/gym.

i canafford it because i am no longer spending $180 a fortnight on smokes, gym will cost me $50 a fortnight lol. plus a personal trainer for 3 days for $98 lol.

thanks to all the guys who reacted positively to my original post 'smoking'

Replies

• laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! 6 days is a really good start :)
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!!! Keep it up!
  • gozdeh
    gozdeh Posts: 59
    Options
    Thats great! I wish I can quit smoking too!

Best of luck
  • erica79
    erica79 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    way to go! quitting smoking is the hardest thing I ever did and the best :smile: keep up the good work
  • CiCiSlim
    Options
    Great job! I've been successful this time around now for about 3 months...I feel 100,000 times better. Good luck to you!!!
  • bethann1976
    Options
    I owe my success to Chantix! I spent 2 months on it, and have been smoke-free since August 2010! Congrats to you, it's the single most important thing to do for your health! I know it's soooo hard!!!
  • tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I know what you're going through. I quit smoking 3 years, 1 month and 3 weeks ago (not that I'm counting!!). I still have my struggles, but eventually it does get easier. Best of luck and congrats on your success so far!
  • honeyrabbit
    Options
    I gave up two weeks ago too after smoking 15-20 a day for a fair few years. I already feel better for it and have got a bit of an extra spring in my step....it's still tough, I could quite easily smoke a cigarette right now and I have had a sneaky couple in the last two weeks BUT i've made the decision in my head and I will do it!!!!

Good for you too for making the decision to quit!

We can do this..yaaaay!!! :-)
  • hessond
    hessond Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! You can do this! I have been smoke free for 11 years now. I quit cold turkey in January 2000, and it was the best decision of my life. Good luck to you! Keep up the good work, and just take it one day at a time. Congratulations!!
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    my mom also quit about 7 months ago cold turkey, she had a heart attack and had 3 stents put into her heart. She now make an extra car payment with the cash :) 40 years of smoking and just think of what all she could have bought with that money

I quit about 6 years ago, just remember strong gum is your friend, I still chew 3 packs a week
  • Tabascoaddict
    Options
    Congrats!! I've been smoke free since Oct. '09, did it cold turkey. You can do this. Keep this in mind, someone told me this long time ago...If you ever have the urge, just take a deep breath and see if you can stick it out for 2 minutes. That's all it takes for the craving to go away, 2 minutes. It's been working for me, even now. Oh yeah, I was a light smoker & I have saved $ 1000+ so far. Imagine all the money you'll save. Good luck to ya!!
  • RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Well done on giving up!! I used to smoke around 25 cigarettes a day many years ago but decided enough was enough. I hated being a slave to nicotene and not being able to breath even after just going upstairs! I hated the fact that it was the first thing i thought about when i opened my eyes in the morning! I tried patches but ended up smoking on them too lol. Eventually decided to give up on my first day back at work after the New Year by just using ordinary chewing gum (Wrigley's Extra, to be precise!). The first day i got through about 3 packets, the second day i got through half a packet and after that i just chewed when i got a craving every now and then. That was around 9 years ago now (it's been so long i cant remember!) and i haven't looked back since!

I love being NON-SMOKER!! :bigsmile:
  • skinnyb450
    Options
    Wow - That is awesome - I gave up on 12th May 2010 - nearly 12 months for me! - It will be the BEST decision you EVER made in your life - Good luck and keep going - You CAN do it - Lord knows if I can do it (I smoked for 32 years!!!!! - ANYONE can):flowerforyou:
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I need to quit so bad. I've lost weight and I'm in good shape but I'm still a slave to the smokes. I don't know whether to try some sort of nicotine replacement or just quit cold turkey. I'm a teacher and can't be all grumpy with my kiddos so I have to find a way to quit without taking it out on them.
  • RGPargy
    Options
    Cold turkey, school holidays. Job done. :glasses:
  • spacedragon32
    Options
    WELL today makes 10 days with no cigarettes and im still losing weight, its all good so far :-)
  • RGPargy
    Options
    WELL today makes 10 days with no cigarettes and im still losing weight, its all good so far :-)

Yay!! Go you!! That's brilliant, well done.

How are you feeling?
  • spacedragon32
    Options
    it feels good almost 2 weeks now and i still managed to lose another 2 kilos just this week :-)