Curious - in your first 6 weeks of your diet, how much weigh

Options
In your first 6 weeks of your eating/exercise plan, how much weight did you lose? I am talking more to the folks who have a large weight loss goal - 50+ lbs. Thanks!

Edit due to title being cut short and nonsensical. :O)

Replies

• catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    i think some of your question got snipped from the title.
  • irishrose22
    irishrose22 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    IF you are asking how much weight have I lost in 6 weeks, I cant tell you till tomorrow, but at 5 weeks I had lost just over 9 pounds.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I lost 17lbs in the first 6 weeks...22lbs in 8 weeks and then it all s l o w e d down. :grumble: To be fair I think a very large %age of that was fluid as I have a lung condition which means I was retaining very badly. Cutting the carbs to 40% definitely helped with that
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I lost about 10 lbs in the first 6 weeks. I am a very slow loser so I am impressed with my success so far. I had tried unsuccesfully for 5 years to lose weight and finally "got it". I make sure I am active, in whatever that may be for at least 30 mins a day and eat within my calories. I also put my weight los goal as losin a pound a week because I do not want to feel deprived. I am in this for the long haul. And am hoping by losing slowly I won't have the saggy skin issue and that this "lifestyle" change will stick
    Best of luck,
    Christina
  • Live_To_Win
    Live_To_Win Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Been here for about 6 week and have lost 27 pounds so fat with another 45 to go
  • AmandaHammill
    AmandaHammill Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    this is my 7th week and i'm down 16.2 pounds (lol..just had to get that point 2 in there). slow and steady. Because i've got over 50 pounds to lose (in total i'm aiming for 70 to be in health BMi range), i don't see much physical difference in myself yet...but i sure feel a heck of a lot better!!
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    As of last Wednesday (so 5 weeks and 3 days), I'd lost a little over 18 pounds. I'm THRILLED with the progress so far! I'm hoping to keep losing 2 pounds a week by upping my cardio and gaining a bit of muscle to burn more calories (even knowing it'll make my weight go up a bit). I'm planning on this taking over a year to make it to my goal!
  • 8JamieLeigh8
    Options
    I lost exactly 20lbs my first 6 weeks. Now I have been at a complete stand still for a whole week. I am trying to lose 59lbs altogether.
  • chelsea32291
    Options
    I'm on my 7th week and have lost 10 lbs...hoping since it's coming off so slowly that it will stay off!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    The first 6 weeks on MFP I lost 20. It slowed down after that. The week prior to MFP I lost 8, but that isn't reflected in my MFP total of 53. I still have 80+ to go.
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    In the first 6 weeks I lost 26 pounds. I'm sure I'm not typical of most and believe me, I wasn't starving myself. It's amazing how much water weight I lost just by reducing my sodium intake initially.
  • LarryPGH
    LarryPGH Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I started on 1/10, so right now I'm in my seventh week -- at this point, I'm about 20 lbs down, and (at least) 30 more to go. (Once I get to 180, I'll decide whether to keep pushing for 170-ish, or to stay at maintenance for a while...!)
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    bump
  • julesandrich
    julesandrich Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    So far only 9 pounds. I am a bit disappointed-but on a positive note, I do feel better and I am able to do more physical activity than before I started.
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    20 pounds.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I can't be sure exactly since it was a long time ago and I'd have to dig deep to look it up but it was at least 15lbs but no more than 20.
  • welly5
    welly5 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    16 pounds :)
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I started at 181 and had lost 12 pounds in the first five weeks. Then I went on vacation and gained some back then next week, then re-lost that weight the following week. lol
  • sluson2000
    Options
    14 pounds. 197--->183 But I've been there for almost 2 weeks. Frustrating. BUT, I did have to buy new jeans over the weekend because mine were falling off. size 16--> 14 TOM just left so I'm hopeful for tomorrow's weigh in.
  • kelda_shelton
    Options
    16lbs

I was really happy with that! This is week 7...