Anyone else have this?

Options
Since I was around 13 years old I've hovered between 14st and 12st (I did get down to 11st 7 for a short time in 2009 but that's an exception to the rule) My problem is, as soon as I see 12st, I stop. I don't know why. All my motivation goes. I stop planning my skinny wardrobe and accept the one I have. I take a day off, which turns into a week off. I've had nearly two weeks "off" and I don't see why I can't motivate myself like I could before. I'm back to counting today, but I know it could all go downhill if I pop to the shops and pick up a chocolate bar or cheesecake because I want something sugary.

Help

Replies

• Lynnah
    Lynnah Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I can identify with so much of this! I'm hovering around 12st at the moment, and I'd really like to get down to 11st or somewhere near that point. I started around 13 and a half stone, and over the summer I managed to get down to around 12st 5, but I seem to have hit a mental block recently!

I'll add you as a friend - hopefully we can motivate each other :). It's physically possible for both of us I'm sure, but let's get rid of that mental block, haha.
  • clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I started when I realised I was over 13st. Have managed to get down below 12st but feel like I have been stuck at around 11st 10ish for an age. Really want to get done to 10st (or even 9 1/2!).

Have sent a friend request to you both!

C
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    OMG that happends to me WAYYY to often, i think its unintentional, but i beleive that we tend to "gloat" about our weight loss or feel we can handle the heavy that comes our way. i call it the " eat anything i want because i already lost the weight" diet. It's a bad mindset and not placing blame on anything, but i know EXACTLY how you feel! How do you think we both can breakthrough that horrible spell. Not to mention sugar galore to pack on the comfort, but it would have to be Cheesy Everything! or Breads!!!:love::noway:
  • sarahanne40
    sarahanne40 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about the weight thing - the lowest I have been in the last 10 years was 12½ stone, I lost motivation when I moved towns and stopped WW (as the new group was not very supportive to the new members), since then I went straight up to ~ 15st purely through unhappiness in a relationship - when I got out of that I started working on myslef, got down to about 13 st (over two years), then met my lovely new BF and gained some happiness lbs, now back to 13st, but now I have decided I want to get to 11½ stone initally, and see how it goes from there.

Alot of peeps here have really low goals, but I can't face such big numbers and want to do it in chunks instead :) - maybe if you just see it as 5lb chunks you will stay motivated until that goal is reached, treat yourself to some new clothes and manicure of a cheat meal - then go onto your next 5lb - I reckon this will make it easier ( [url=http://www.myemoticons.com/[img]http://www.myemoticons.com/images/what-s-hot/new-featured/fingers-crossed.gif border="0" alt="fingers-crossed" title="fingers-crossed[/img] ). I get very embarrassed when saying my weight as people look at you different when you are over the dereaded 11 st (I wish I was that small, lol)!!
  • Lynnah
    Lynnah Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea about breaking it down into 5lb chunks, I'm not sure why I've never looked at it that way before. I'll try and forget about 11st for a while, and just concentrate on getting a little lower a bit at a time!
  • bekkyhughes
    Options
    Thanks for all the support, I'm releaved I'm not the only one. Hopefully we'll be able to motivate each oher to push past the block