Hi I am new to MFP and dieting

Options
Hi everyone I am 53 years old and have never been on a diet or tried to loose weight before. i ate what i wanted cut down a little here and there but never have i worried what went into my mouth or read any labels on food packaging.
But feeling unfit and old I am now looking and thinking about what goes in my mouth, I am learning every day I don't understand nutrients and stuff yet but MFP and reading posts are really helping..

Replies

• JennineE
    JennineE Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You are at the right place. This website is great for tracking your calories, protein etc. You just have to put in what you ate and it tracks it all for you! Lots of support also! Good Luck!
  • janey84
    Options
    Hi there,
    Good for you for joining, this is the first step to actually doing something about your weight and health the second step is implementing it. I work at the all women's gym Curves as a circuit trainer, even though i am a member on MFP i am keen on nutrition, health and fitness and thrive on staying in shape. If you have any queries on food or exercise feel free to give me a shout. We are all here to support each other!!
    Janeyando
  • hyoung3
    hyoung3 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    This is a great place to start.

The ability to track your eating and/or exercise on a daily basis is very powerful (don't underestimate it).

Having support from other like-minded people is also huge...

Good Luck !! :drinker: