Resistance Tubes for P90X

Options
My husband and I bought some Lifeline Tubes last night to use on Day 1 of our P90X journey. I bought a 30lb tube and he bought 50. It seemed like we weren't getting enough out of them. I'm a beginner when if comes to weights, but he's pretty fit. Neither of us seemed to feel like we were getting good use out of them. They're incredibly long and I'm only 5'4 so I had to stand on most of the cord to do the chest and back exercises. That means only 25% of the cord was being used. Now 30lbs sounded like a lot of resistance to me when I bought them, but it just didn't seem like a good fit. It might be different when I do shoulders and triceps, but right now they just seem like a waste of money.

Anybody have any thoughts? Should I take them back and get new tubes?

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and I use the 'light' resistance band from Target and my biceps thank them daily.

Depends on what you prefer, though.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    you may need to buy some bands with more resistance.. i got the 60 lb bands and they were good for me, i may go up to the 70 0r 80 for my next round. also where you step on them and and pull will effect the resistance you get... i started off with the golds gym bands from walmart and they did me little good but when i got the lifeline it made a huge difference
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    In the Chest and Back workout, watch the person using the bands when they do the Lawnmower exercise. He probably has less than a foot of band between his foot and the handle. That's just how you do that exercise with the bands. Now, if you do something like shoulder press, you'll put one foot in the middle of the band and press your hands up over your head and you'll be using the entire band on that specific exercise.

Personally I like individual dumbbells as I know that each time I pick up a 25 pounder it is going to be 25 pounds. With the bands there just seems to be too much variability for me each time I pick one up. Lawnmowers are a perfect example. I have to remember that the last time I did that exercise I had 8 inches of band from my foot to the handle. Too much band and the workout is too easy, too little and it's too hard.

Rim
  • SouthernAsian
    SouthernAsian Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone!