Exercising - need a great sports bra

Options
OK... so I know this is a weird question but quite necessary!

Does anyone have a great suggestion for a sports bra that really does the job and isn't a painful contraction for large-busted women???? Preferably an online resource so I can simply measure and order!!!

Replies

• karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    oh yes! I want to know too!! And also not too expensive!
  • ebonybliss
    Options
    I would love to know the answer to this as well, Thanks for posting
  • myfitnessAli
    Options
    Try M&S non wired black or white £8.00 - comes in all sizes. It works for me and very comfi
  • teracallaway1
    teracallaway1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i use high support champion from acadamy. usually 35 a piece but well worth it when i run. im a dd and they hold me good.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i want to know that as well..my regular bra is just not the thing for working out..ugh
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I've heard Enell is the go-to brand for larger cup sizes-- pricey, but definitely worth it if its going to make you more comfortable working out!
  • jeaniedev
    jeaniedev Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    ENELL WELL WORTH THE $$$$$$$$
    think I bought it from amazon straight from the website....I used it to do my Triathalon....LOVE it...although it is very confining....and I am DEF large busted
  • laursms44
    laursms44 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i'm only a c cup and i just wear two sports bras at a time. much more support!
  • tiffevans
    Options
    Hi. I have a Reebok sports bra that I purchased from ****s Sporting Goods that works fairly well. However, the best sports bra that I have ever tried was from Essential Bodywear http://www.essentialbodywear.com/catalog/. It fits extremely snug, but I feel much more secure in it.
  • psugirl
    psugirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    http://www.championusa.com/Champion/Products/Women-Champion/Women_ShopByCategory-Champion/Women_SportsBras-Champion/Women_SportsBras_MaximumSupport-Champion/CH1694.aspx

This is what I use...i spent many years unable to workout hard because I couldn't find a good bra. Another option is to wear 2 "regular" sports bras on top of each other. I did get good support when I did that, but I also felt like my rib cage was going to break from all the pressure squeezing in on me so I stopped doing that. These aren't very cheap, but I bought 2 about 2 years ago and they are still perfect (To preserve them I only wear them when I run, I wear "cheap" ones when I'm biking or doing anything with less impact). Unlike other bras which rely on elastic to squish you down (and easily wear out) this one has cups that are shaped to lift and hold through impact so they don't wear out much.

My suggestion would be to find it a sporting goods store nearby (****'s by me carried it), make sure you like it and find your size, and then order online where ever its cheapest. That's what I did anyway...
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    i use high support champion from acadamy. usually 35 a piece but well worth it when i run. im a dd and they hold me good.

i use the same... i LOVE it
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    I wear two sports bras. My trainer suggested it to me a couple years ago and for a while I brushed her off. Then I tried it one day and it was like a miracle! I don't have a lot of money to spend on something expensive, so I have 2 cheaper ones...one my size and one just a bit too small to wear on top of that and it really packs them in and they don't move and inch when I run, which equals no more soreness. I'm a size C/D, (was a D/DD at the time). Now that my bra size has gone down, I still do it. Tried to run with just one on last night and they were sore after...so back to 2 of them again. :)
  • Kristy085
    Kristy085 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    There is one at Lane Bryant that I use...not really a sports bra, but they call it an "exercise bra"...it's perfect for me!
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i love my victoria secret sports bras... and they come in a bunch of styles (both clasp and non-clasp versions). and they offer amazing support from what I have seen
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options

My suggestion would be to find it a sporting goods store nearby (****'s by me carried it),

LMAO at the sensored word!! Buahahahahahaha
  • KCBollard
    KCBollard Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have an Enell and let me tell you, it's definitely the sturdiest, but if you're looking for an attractive bra, this is NOT it!

It has clasps all the way up the front and a full supportive back, too.

Only complaint is that it rubs wrong under my chest on my upper stomach and it hurts while it does so and leaves a mark. I have tried a few solutions to prevent that, but haven't come up with a fool proof one, yet.

It was a bit pricey, but it's definitely the most supportive sports bra I've come across so far into all of my different trials over the years!

Style #NL100
  • saldridge
    saldridge Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I don't see where you are located, which certainly makes a difference in ordering and availability.
    In the US, I like Moving Comfort. I have two bras and they certainly keep everything together and secured.
    http://www.movingcomfort.com/dyn_category.php?k=344592

They have a fit guide to find out what you need, if you do Yoga or Pilates, your bra doesn't need to be as sturdy as for running or playing soccer, LOL.
    http://www.movingcomfort.com/fit_guide.php

I have the Maia in white and black and they are awesome.
  • FrankyOsage
    Options
    Hey ladies! I'm a 38F!!

The one bra I've been able to run in is an UnderArmor High Impact, High Support Bra. They aren't cheap (30-50) but they are absolutely worth it. Before I was having to run in an old cotton underwire with a tight sports bra over it. And I've been doing this for a long time, I had D's when I was 14!
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options

I agree with this post. They only go up to an XL though...I was a DD and I could bearly fit in the XL but it was great support. They are a bit cheaper at "legs, bali, playtex" outlet stores. I am not sure if they are online.
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I'd like a bra that separates. :) I am only a C cup, but my sports bras make me look like I have a uni-boob in the middle of my chest. I want to look like a girl when I sweat. :tongue: