VitaTop Muffins & VitaTop Brownies

Options
Does anyone eat these? If so..what is your take on them?

Replies

• Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I just tried them for the first time since I had heard so much about them on here. I got the chocolate with chocolate chips. I thought it was good but not wonderful, and not worth the price. I would much rather have a skinny cow bar for my "treat". I may try the vitatops again but only if they are on sale!
  • 1983Miller
    1983Miller Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Price outrageous! But they are great for my am breakfast on the go in my car, similar to a granola bar but makes me feel like I am having a decadent muffin instead of something filled with fiber, they do a decent job at keeping me satisfied until lunch. Better than a 350 calorie Muffin!
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    i love them :) i've only had the chocolate one w/ the chocolate chips but i have fallen in love.
    i stick mine in the microwave a little longer than the directions to thaw, and it gets all hot and gooy and the chocolate chips melt.

eat it with a fork with a cup of milk :) YUM!

and i feel that they are extremely filling for what they are. i think its a great choice for a night time snack.
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    hmmm...now see, i dont find them that outrageously priced...you can get a sampler pack of 24 i think for 29 dollars. So that is about 1.20 each? There is also free shipping on that.....
    i looooove choclate, and thought these may be good for that after dinner treat. Thanks for the imput.
  • better_days_ahead
    better_days_ahead Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Shoot, I just posted asking this question and I even did a search before asking!
    I also saw the 24 for $29 with free shipping deal. I just don't want them to all taste like cardboard.
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    They are yummy...I haven't had the chocolate one yet, but the banana nut and the corn muffin one are really good! Cant wait to try the chocolate;-)
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    they dont taste like cardboard at all..they are good!
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I love them. They are pricey, but Costco sells a 12 pack for $9.99, which doesn't seem so bad. I eat them primarily because its' the only way I can get all my vitamins and nutrients on target for the day. The Deep Chocolate, I think, are the best. The mint chocolate and peanut butter chocolate are good too. The brownies are ok, but I think taste better when combined with some fat free whipped cream and sugar free chocolate sauce...and strawberries. But I eat a VitaTop every morning for breakfast and it keeps me full til lunch AND gives me my much needed fiber and vitamins.
  • JoJo1953
    JoJo1953 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Love the chocolate. I cut them in half, put 2 tlbs of fat free cool whip in between, put back in freezer. Then we call them Whoopee Pies and are soooooooo good!!!:smile:
  • Julesjhj
    Julesjhj Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I keep these for when I want a chocolate fix without the guilt but I don't eat them everyday. I like them in the evening after dinner....I microwave for 30 sec. and put half a cup of lowfat frozen yogurt or ice cream on top.....it's like a warm brownie = yummolicious! If I need extra calories or protein for the day I will smear the top with peanut or almond butter.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I keep these for when I want a chocolate fix without the guilt but I don't eat them everyday. I like them in the evening after dinner....I microwave for 30 sec. and put half a cup of lowfat frozen yogurt or ice cream on top.....it's like a warm brownie = yummolicious! If I need extra calories or protein for the day I will smear the top with peanut or almond butter.

That's exactly what I do! 65 calories of frozen yogurt on top of a warmed 100 calorie chocolate muffin top. Makes this "diet" really easy! :wink:
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    they dont taste like cardboard at all..they are good!

I've had the Cran Bran and Corn muffins. They are a quick, tasty breakfast and keep me full much longer than expected. They must pack a lot of punch.
  • BrianJLamb
    BrianJLamb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I think they are the bomb. I keep them in my freezer at work. If I feel like I want a late afternoon snack and I am a little beat, I have a vitatop and a cup of coffee. It helps me to remember the days that I would allow myself to eat full on MUFFIN muffins from Dunkin Donuts and the like.

I have tried the corn, the banana nut, and the chocolate chocolate chip ones. They are all delicious, but my fav is the banana nut.

Also, Vita Brownies....good as well. I like the idea of putting frozen yogurt on them. Thatll be my next stop.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Price outrageous!

That's what I thought originally when I first saw a couple weeks ago that they finally arrived in Canada for $6.39 at a high-end grocery store at Bayview Village. I couldn’t' find them in Loblaws or Walmart using their store locator where prices would be best, found them for $5.99 at Longos and still, these prices are much better than online which is about $1.60 a muffin vs $1.30 so I am relieved about that.

$1.30 is slightly more than McDonalds' $1.25 muffin (the next closest cheapest muffin compared to Starbucks, Second Cup, Druxy’s etc) and 100 cals is better than 350 + 10-20g of fat. I plan on buying them at Longos during the Golf Show in Toronto in March. I discovered spending $30 at Longos downtown gets you free parking ($18 worth) so I'll map out some Longos sales to make it worth the money.

Now that's deal finding, lol!

Ps: I received a 30% off coupon the other day from Vitatops via e-mail, it seems only the USA site emails regularly not the Canadian one so I don't think I can use it but for anyone planning on ordering online, be sure to subscribe first.
  • momof3babes
    Options
    Can you tell me where you buy these?? I have access to Wal-Mart, Hy-Vee and Fareway.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Just go to the store locator portion of the website - be sure to visit the American or Canadian site whatever applies to you b/c the store locator only works nationally.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Price outrageous!

That's what I thought originally when I first saw a couple weeks ago that they finally arrived in Canada for $6.39 at a high-end grocery store at Bayview Village. I couldn’t' find them in Loblaws or Walmart using their store locator where prices would be best, found them for $5.99 at Longos and still, these prices are much better than online which is about $1.60 a muffin vs $1.30 so I am relieved about that.

$1.30 is slightly more than McDonalds' $1.25 muffin (the next closest cheapest muffin compared to Starbucks, Second Cup, Druxy’s etc) and 100 cals is better than 350 + 10-20g of fat. I plan on buying them at Longos during the Golf Show in Toronto in March. I discovered spending $30 at Longos downtown gets you free parking ($18 worth) so I'll map out some Longos sales to make it worth the money.

Now that's deal finding, lol!

Ps: I received a 30% off coupon the other day from Vitatops via e-mail, it seems only the USA site emails regularly not the Canadian one so I don't think I can use it but for anyone planning on ordering online, be sure to subscribe first.

I'm in Toronto also! I bought mine at Sobey's on Queensway for $5.99 a box. Careful planning around downtown Longos because whenever there's a Raptors or Leafs game on, parking downtown becomes CRAZY -- not like it isn't crazy anyways!
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I love these things! I eat them for breakfast and as dessert sometimes. I feed them to my 6 yr old because she won't eat anything with fiber and vitamins and she loves them.
  • meadows654
    Options
    I've tried these recently and really like them! Warmed up is the best. You can get the mix for half price then bake them on your own and pop them in the freezer. Now that I know I like them I think I'll order the mix on Amazon.
  • bparsont
    Options
    I have been eating them for about six months and I haven't found one that I don't like. They are all great , just shop around to get the good deals. The web-site is a bit pricey you can get them in the southeast at Publix for $4.49 a box which is cheaper than the web-site. Be adventurous and try them all.