new member new life

Options
I joined yesterday. I am 37 years old. I am getting married in June. I am starting a new life, with a new family and in a new country. I am trying to make good decisions and live a healthy lifestyle. I have a problem with my eating habits although I was raised in a house where we ate well balanced food. I am ready for the new me but I do get lazy about the situation if I am not structured or have that push. I am hoping that with this site and an encouraging push I will reach my goals. I have a lifetime to spend with my soon to be husband and do not want it cut short because of me living unhealthy.

Replies

• amyrc12
    amyrc12 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!! MFP is like my sidekick... it keeps me accountable, and my MFP Peeps keep me motivated and inspired! Don't know what I would do without the amazing support that I get here!
    You can do it!!
  • DoneWithTheFatGirl
    Options
    You can do it and I'm so glad you found this site. Its a great place for not just support, but it also gives you the tools and the motivation. Stay strong - even if you get stuck in a rut, just get back up and face it head on again.
  • gerwazny
    Options
    :happy: :happy: Congratulations On your decision to become a Happier Healthier You! I will be 37 in August and I have always had a up and down type relationship with my weight! I am ready to make me a priority and get healthy for the right reasons!!!
  • larkinestelle
    Options
    I am a new member started a week ago and lost about 3 lbs. Will be starting on my exercise soon . Walking the mall and thread mill. I am hoping to lose 50lbs and keep it off this time. How do I know how many calories I use walking the mall ??
  • amyrc12
    amyrc12 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am a new member started a week ago and lost about 3 lbs. Will be starting on my exercise soon . Walking the mall and thread mill. I am hoping to lose 50lbs and keep it off this time. How do I know how many calories I use walking the mall ??

If you don't have a HRM the MFP database will estimate calories burned for you. Just add your excercise - and choose the right walking pace from the database.