Why can't I lose?

Options
I am stuck and don't know what to do. I can't seem to lose any more weight. I eat the amount of calories that I'm supposed to and I workout at least 5 days a week and yet the scale is not moving. I feel like just giving up :angry:

Replies

• 1FITmamaofTWINS
    Options
    change your workouts and carb cycle
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring your food correctly (using a scale and measuring cups)?
    Are you overestimating calories burned (not using a HRM)?

If yes, you may want to go to your doctor to your thyroid checked.
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I am in the same predicament and that has lead me to change my diet. Today is my second day on a low carb, moderate fat and high protein diet. I'll see what happens with it. Maybe I will blog about it.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    read these they may help i uptted my calories and started losing again , sounds daft i know but :~)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

Good luck on your journey :~)
  • Lydbell
    Options
    Don't panic! Sometimes you hit a plateau and stay there for a bit. Try changing some of yor exercises. When you do the same thing all the time your body gets used to it and won't burn as much calories (because your getting stronger GOOD!) Just don't give up because that won't ever get you where you want to be. You can do it!!!! Just stick with it.
  • princesschikee
    Options
    It's difficult to answer this question with so little info. It's obvious you've hit a plateau and that is normal. Everybody does at some point. With that being said, nothing is going to change without change taking place.
    There are so many things you can do to help break the plateau. Please give some more info so we don't give info you already know.
    Add in weight lifting, increase your cardio, eat 5 small meals a day. The list could go on.
    Check out www.burnthefat.com to learn about the right macronutrients, proper meal planning, motivation, weightlifting etc.
    Learn to eat clean. Check out the oxygen magazine. You can also get a glimpse of what's in it from their website www.oxygenmag.com.
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring your food correctly (using a scale and measuring cups)?
    Are you overestimating calories burned (not using a HRM)?

If yes, you may want to go to your doctor to your thyroid checked.

Great point. MFP definitely overestimates the calories burn through exercising.
  • ygrad2001
    Options
    I sooo feel you on this. But what I had to do was increase my calories. I wasn't eating enough so basically my body thought it was starving. Once I started eating more and changing my cardio and strength training I started losing again.
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    change your workouts and carb cycle

Yes and Measuring your body, you could very well be gainin muscle. How are you clothes fiting? I don't care how much is on the scale really as long as I can get into the size I want and my muscles are cut, long and lean!!
  • in_it_2_win_it
    Options
    I know what you are feeling.. and It's hard.. just keep going.... I am going through the same problem... I have not seen the scale move in a few days now.. more like 2 weeks.. and my theory is.. I just gotta keep pushing.. I feel as if I keep doing what I am doing.. then one day the scale my hit my target weight faster.. so just keep at it.. you will get there.. push, push push.. hold nothing back
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    If you drink diet pop, give it up! That made a huge difference for me!!!!
  • Mchavez2018
    Mchavez2018 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i found that lowering my salt intake helped a lot. I stopped eating foods with lots of salt. Many foods out there have high sodium and we don't even realize it unless we read the label. I stopped using table salt altogether which was difficult for me, but I have actually done it! Wow! Lots of weight loss gimics out there have very very high sodium. Maybe I am wrong about this , but i feel like this salt will retain lots of water weight!