lost 11 lbs so FAR! Feel GREAT! Still no Cokes!!!!! Wow

Options
I dont' even know how long I have been doing this now, but I am doing a great job! I still have not drank one coke! and befoe January I drank at least a six pack of diet cokes per day! Wow! What's working for me is counting those calories! Protein is the key! Chicken, Beef, and Eggs! These keep me from being hungry! When I need bread I eat that Sara Lee 100% whole wheat classic! I don't use dressings anymore, and cut the vegetable and corn oil , and just use a little butter. I could go on and on! I feel wonderful! Still a ways to go, but we can do this people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have an awesome day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 minutes ago · Comment

Replies

• Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I have quit drinking Coke also and am hoping that will make a difference.
  • Tammysueless
    Options
    Awsome!!!! It's amazing when you finally realize that making healthy little changes really isn't that hard....and it works!!!

Congrats & Keep up the good work! :bigsmile:
  • hoosha61
    Options
    Congrats! I have changed from Coke to Diet Coke, but giving them up completely will be a challenge.
  • jmecale72
    Options
    I cut out all sodas and I honesty don't miss it. I will, on occasion, have something diet, but that's only every once in a while.
  • Bubs05
    Bubs05 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Congrats on going Coke free! My motivation to giving up Coke was learning that a 12 oz can has roughly 10 tsp of sugar in it. Now it's mostly water for me. I do have an occasional diet A&W root beer (the only diet soda I can stomach) about once a month.
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Way to go.
  • heatherslosingit
    Options
    Well done eveyone, I can see by your losses that you are all doing well.. I have never had an interest in coke or any other pop and am happy drinking water, so I suppose I am lucky... I love this site it really enspires me to keep at it.. I have lost 6lbs and have not yet completed my third week. So good luck everyone I hope you and I continue to our target weights...GOOD LUCK ALL!
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I cut out all sodas and I honesty don't miss it. I will, on occasion, have something diet, but that's only every once in a while.

I allow myself 1 coke per week on a high calorie burn day. A real coke...all the calories...and I totally enjoy it! Then I can get through the next week mostly on water with the occasional glass of unsweet tea with lemon or lime.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I gave up my daily soda too. I was only having one a day(Mountain Dew was my weakness but I do like cherry coke on occasion) though. I never went to diet I'd rather limit my regular than drink diet. YUCK! And even now I'd rather not have it than to have a zero calorie diet soda. I save my non-nutritional calories for an ice cream treat. lol
  • ironart1
    Options
    Fantastic! I too stopped drinking full blown Cokes in January. I think it has helped toward my weight loss. I was drinking one or two diet drinks a day, but I am trying to taper off of those too. Good job! Keep up the great work!
  • avm2007
    Options
    Givng up coke is one of my biggest challenges. I get CRAVINGS for them and its awful. Nothing does it but a regular coke w/ all the fizz in it!. Not to mention its every where on a college campus
  • Georgie_P
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!

I was drinking about 2 liters of the Diet stuff before I started my program .. now I avoid it and any caffine as much as I can ..

Its so noticeable when I have an 8 oz Diet now .. I dont lose .. and in fact sometimes gain!
  • Mchavez2018
    Mchavez2018 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    thanks and congrats to you!!!!6 lbs feels great to lose !
  • Mchavez2018
    Options
    wow! i am afraid to drink one because i will start again. i don't crave them though. i have been very head strong!!!!! thanks for the encouragement!
  • Mchavez2018
    Options
    Givng up coke is one of my biggest challenges. I get CRAVINGS for them and its awful. Nothing does it but a regular coke w/ all the fizz in it!. Not to mention its every where on a college campus

so true! it's everywhere! at first i didn't know what to drink because i don't like tap water at restaurants so i will order unsweetened tea and that has been such a treat for me! i am determined not to drink any coke!
  • Mchavez2018
    Options

I allow myself 1 coke per week on a high calorie burn day. A real coke...all the calories...and I totally enjoy it! Then I can get through the next week mostly on water with the occasional glass of unsweet tea with lemon or lime.

thanks for the encouragement! you have done great as well! 6 lbs so far is awesome!
  • Mchavez2018
    Options
    Well done eveyone, I can see by your losses that you are all doing well.. I have never had an interest in coke or any other pop and am happy drinking water, so I suppose I am lucky... I love this site it really enspires me to keep at it.. I have lost 6lbs and have not yet completed my third week. So good luck everyone I hope you and I continue to our target weights...GOOD LUCK ALL!

yes very lucky! i have been addicted all my life! i am determined not to drink one! thanks for the encouraging words!
  • Mchavez2018
    Options
    Congrats! I have changed from Coke to Diet Coke, but giving them up completely will be a challenge.

you have to be totally ready. which i finally said "that's it" and i have still not touched one. wow i was actually a "cocaholic"!
  • Mchavez2018
    Options
    Congrats! I have quit drinking Coke also and am hoping that will make a difference.

Way to go! it's not that bad after a few days, it's all in our minds! LOL!
  • Aurora76
    Aurora76 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda too. I haven't looked back since. I drink diet coke on occasion but i refuse to drink the full sugar stuff I can't stand the taste. My husband on the other hand drinks the stuff like it's his lifeline. He goes through 2 36 packs a week and gets really cranky without it. I wish he would quit the dew but I can't force him to.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!