Breakfast ideas?

Options
I am a full time student, so my days are very busy! I wake up at 5 am and have to leave by 7 30. I use an hour of my morning for excercising. I also have to get ready and all that good stuff! I only leave about 15 minutes for breakfast. What are some quick and easy healthy breakfast ideas you guys have?

Replies

• barefootbeauty
    barefootbeauty Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Green Smoothie:

1- banana
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    1 tablespoon golden flax seed
    1 cup juice (I use 100% carrot juice)
    1-2 tablespoons almond butter
    2-3 leaves of kale

DELICIOUS and it gives me incredible energy :)
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Lots of times I have a protein shake for breakfast. This is especially good if you can drink it after you work out. I add fruit sometimes, or PB. I love almond milk with chocolate protein powder. Make them the night before even so they're ready to grab and go. If you don't add fruit to your drink, I'd eat some along with it. Eggs are another awesome choice. Could even hard boil some the day before.
  • mwl40
    mwl40 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Perhaps a bagel w/ some peanut butter would be good? Also, I have found that Knudsen makes 100 calorie cottage cheese doubles that are fairly tasty and filling. They consist of cottage cheese and fruit.
  • babygtbck14
    babygtbck14 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    a banana, a couple frozen straberries, or any other frozen fruit..I like mangos..a about 1/4 cup of lowfat vanilla yogurt and a splash of skim milk..Blend in a blender and viola a healthy quick breakfast..You can even put it in a to go cup. It comes out thick like a milk shake so it is very filling.
  • carrieloveshk
    carrieloveshk Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Either a sandwich, with sandwich thins... or cereal, and a fruit. That usually does the trick for me. And for those *really* busy days when I don't have time in the morning, I just grab a banana and a protein shake, and I eat it on the go.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    What do you normally like to eat for breakfast? Eggs? Oatmeal? You could pretty much eat whatever you want if you prepare it the night before.

Since you are exercising in the morning, I highly suggest some lean protein with your breakfast. So, if you like the bagel & PB or green smoothie suggestions, make sure you add a lean protein source. (eggs, egg whites, whey protein in the smoothie, etc)
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal takes less than 3 minutes in the microwave. I add cinamon, and fruit to mine, then add a protein by either having eggs, or cottage cheese, or a plain protein shake. Cottage cheese mixes in well with oatmeal.
  • kcoger
    Options
    I've just discovered the unsweetened almond milk - use it with my Special K w/ Red Berries cereal - LOVE IT! Will try it with the protein shake powder. Thanks for the tip!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal takes less than 3 minutes in the microwave. I add cinamon, and fruit to mine, then add a protein by either having eggs, or cottage cheese, or a plain protein shake. Cottage cheese mixes in well with oatmeal.

I love cottage cheese and oatmeal! It sounds like an odd combo, but it's great. Another odd but good one is cottage cheese and yogurt, for a nice balanced protein + carbs meal.
  • timetoshrinkk
    Options
    I have been eating this most mornings and it leaves me full and satisfied until lunch most days :) Basically plain oats and i mix with yoghurt. I use different flavoured fat free yoghurts to mix it up abit and if i really want to change it up I can put some fresh fruit in it aswell such as raspberrys, blueberrys or banana :) Takes literally a few seconds to russle up, and i make it for less than 200cals usuing 27g of sachet plain oats at 98cals and the yoghurts are always less than 100cals!
  • jaybaileys
    Options
    oatmeal is quick, hard boiled eggs for the egg whites, fruit and granola
  • Cmuchoa
    Cmuchoa Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Why not try some oatmeal - quick oats - Quaker or any supermarket brand - just scoop out yr desired amt, add water & cinnamon and it only takes approx 2 mins in the microwave. I always keep fresh blueberries that I freeze on hand - take a few out when you get up in the morning and you can throw them into yr oatmeal when done. I also drink a cup a green tea - plain.
  • Awineburg
    Options
    Oatmeal!!! I found some blueberry preserves and put some of that in it. It is YUMMY!
  • Cmuchoa
    Options
    I have had the cottage cheese in my oatmeal as well - thought it would be gross but turned out pretty tasty. Found the recipe while trying the Zone Diet by Barry Sears.
  • makeupinmanhatten
    Options
    Thank you all these are great ideas that I will try! What about breakfast meat? Does anyone eat meat for breakfast?
  • Cmuchoa
    Options
    Turkey bacon can be added to yr meal if you are lacking protein - can microwave that too!
  • taso42_DELETED
    Options
    turkey bacon, canadian bacon, even lean ham or pork chops. watch the nitrates though...
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I eat meat for breakfast! :bigsmile:
    I don't like to eat things like bacon, sausage, ham, etc because they are processed with salt & crap added. I make a lot of homemade turkey patties to have handy for snacks, etc. So, it's common for me to have one with my breakfast (oatmeal & a turkey patty). I'll even eat chicken breast (or whatever meat we had for dinner) for breakfast. I can pretty much eat anything at any time of day.

Pork tenderloin is another good one for breakfast! Just don't buy a pre-seasoned one. And thanks for reminding me of this.. time to make some pork tenderloin! I'm getting tired of eggs, egg whites and yogurt for breakfast!
  • Cmuchoa
    Options
    Totally agree with your response on processed foods - I personally don't eat the turkey bacon - only recentyly purchased some for my husband as regular bacon has been medically restricted from his diet so I had tried a slice - I like yr ideas about the turkey patties - I have been mixing ground turkey with ground beef for some meals to get my husband to come over to the "other side" - lol.. Will make a few turkey patties and put them aside for myself. Thanks.
  • taso42_DELETED
    Options
    Applegate farms and Wellshire farms have natural turkey bacon w/o added nitrates (still pretty high in sodium though).
    Whole foods (at least the one near me) has canadian bacon with no nitrates at the meet & cheese counter.
    Just saying... if you keep an eye out, you can find this stuff without the additives.