Hello, I am new here

Options
Hi, I am new on here, only been using myfitnesspal for a day now so just introducing myself and looking forward to posting and receiving support on this forum.

I am 31 years old, and tried every weight loss programme around, from traditional healthy eating to weight watchers. Lost a few pounds here and there over the years, most successful loss being half a stone on Scottish Slimmers a few years ago. However I moved house and kept meaning to go back. I got married last July and was 10 pounds lighter than I am now on my wedding day, I have been living the comfortable married life and gone a bit crazy as felt so liberated not to have to worry about fitting into a dress! A lot of my clothes have started to feel tight, or not fit at all, and a passing comment from an outspoken family member encouraged me to lose these extra few pounds.

I was told about myfitnesspal.com by a friend and thought i would give it a go as it looks great and full of support and encouragement when you need it, and isn't too restrictive.

I am only slightly overweight, and a size 14/16 and my aim is to lose a stone or ideally, a stone and a half, and be a size 10/12 by Easter or Summer at latest.

So basically, hello to you all and good luck with reaching your targets.

Replies

• Sassy1701
    Options
    What is a Stone???
  • a_freeman
    a_freeman Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    14 pounds
  • dscofield
    Options
    Welcome to this site. I have been using this for almost a month and have lost 12 pounds. I love how easy it is to track your food but I also love the reports - you can see how you are doing with all your goals - whether it is calories, sodium, iron, etc. It is not time consuming, you can actually have fun with it trying to figure out how you can still eat what you want but swap things or use a different portion so you can meet the daily goals. I am anemic and have trouble meeting the iron goals so posted asking for suggestions and got several suggestions on what I could eat to help boost my iron intake. Thank you to my fitness pal.com. I am working towards a new me.
  • Crolin
    Options
    Hello,
    I am new also. My team members at work started a biggest loser program and I joined. I would like to drop at least 20 lbs and be able to breathe in my jeans again!!! My husband is dieting too. My friend at work showed me this app on my phone and I folled up on the computer. My husband and I did weight watchers a while ago and did well. We learned a lot about foods and their nutrients, so hopefully that will help with this too. We werecounting points so adding calories may be similar.
    Good luck to all
    &
    I'm curious what a stone is too!!!
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I'm new too! I found the app on the Android market a few weeks ago and have been using ever since. Great tool and a great community here.
  • Mrsbonno
    Mrsbonno Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    WELCOME! I LOVE THIS PLACE... so much encouragement and understanding! we're all here to keep eachother "at it"! Anyone is free to add me as a friend, i'm here for you! as i hope others are here for me! :D