Wow - Really disappointing myself

Options
So here it is, the end of February and I have fizzled out already on logging my food and staying on track. The first month I logged consistently and then I stopped logging, but was really watching what I ate and then the last few days I have just been horrible :sad: So today is my restart day on logging food.

On the plus side I still have been keeping up with my workouts

Replies

• kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself. The important thing is your positive attitude about your restart day. You met your first goal, and you are continuing to work out.
    I find it hard to log ALL of my food when I can't find it in the database, so I do some estimates when I need to.
    Good luck, and keep at it. Think about the positive things you are doing so that you don't lose your momentum.
  • praymond17
    praymond17 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the same thing! I have to get back on track too. I was doing so well and then I just started logging in my food less and less and not really watching what I eat. I'm starting over today! WE CAN DO IT!!
  • kimberlyanneturner
    Options
    Just remember everyday is a new day!!! a do over!! :)
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    As long as you get back up, that's all that matters! You are still doing great!
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I agree, don't be so hard on yourself. It's all a process and there are ups and downs. You're starting again, and that's a positive thing & wipes out the bad stuff! Keep at it! Good luck :smile:
  • in_it_2_win_it
    Options
    WAY TO GO!! Way to get right back in the game.. no time outs.. no strike outs.. ( sorry I am big into baseball)
  • eaglzdude05
    eaglzdude05 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It happens to EVERYONE!!! Just get up and keep swinging.
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    I've been there! Make small, reachable goals regarding food and logging in. For example "I will log my food every day for the next week." You might want to also add in when you will do it, to really force yourself to do it. "I will log my food every day after I do the dinner dishes for the next week." You'll be surprised how quickly it becomes a habit!
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    Thank you all for your encouragement and support :) I also want to add that I haven't been on the message boards that much lately either and that seems to really make a difference!
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    I've been doing the same thing! I have to get back on track too. I was doing so well and then I just started logging in my food less and less and not really watching what I eat. I'm starting over today! WE CAN DO IT!!

Yes we can do it!!
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I had that trouble too. Now I just plan it a little better. Make a few meals and put them away so when you are roaming for something to eat you know where to look and what its impact will have. Always have an easy staple food pantry is good too.
  • FullOfSpice
    FullOfSpice Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. When the weekend comes, I am no where near my laptop so I forget to log. I realized it helps to plan your meals early on in the day, so you know you have to stick to what you've put down. After I realized I was logging after I ate something, and ended up eating junky sugary foods...so hopefully this helps overcome that bad habit.

Good luck!
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Hey, I was wondering where you went. The worst feeling I have ever known is disappointment in myself when I knew that my own actions were the reason for it. I know just how you feel. You can do it! I believe you can. You just need to believe you can. The important thing is you realized what you were doing (not logging) and are taking steps to correct it (coming back here). Come back and see us on the 100+ thread. We miss you.

Staci
  • noltes2
    noltes2 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I guarantee you everyone who has ever tried to lose weight has messed up and gotten off track on one point or another. I GUARANTEE YOU! This is a journey, and though it definitely can be a roller coaster, we've just got to take it one day at a time and remember WHY we're here!
  • bfrice1
    Options
    That happened to me - in fact it happens more often than I like to admit, but I sort of force myself to log it, even if it's the next day when I do so. I sort of follow the 'act now, motivation will follow' adage, and so far it's worked. maybe there's some kind of trigger that can do the same for you.
  • wintervixen78
    wintervixen78 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself! You've had a little holiday and your back now. You'll do great! Sometimes I take a day off, I still log everything, but I'll eat the house down! And then think about how everyone can see my diary. Lol You're 13lbs lighter than when you started, that alone is a great acheiment, that and keeping up the excersise. :o)