Jillian Michaels Shred it with weights

Options
I just got the Shred it with weights DVD. Im wondering if it is effective. Is it enough of a total body workout?
Anyone out there who has done it? Finished 30 days? Im willing to put in the work, Im just wondering if I whould add in some extra workouts on the side

Replies

• shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    im a big jill fan, have a lot of her dvds except this 1...I saw some clips on youtube Iooks awesome, but im holding of on it for later...:bigsmile: but im glad your going for it...
  • lal73
    lal73 Posts: 116
    Options
    I just got it too, but only did like 10 minutes of it then got interrupted.....
  • cnjbarry
    cnjbarry Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    im a big jill fan, have a lot of her dvds except this 1...I saw some clips on youtube Iooks awesome, but im holding of on it for later...:bigsmile: but im glad your going for it...

SO Im guessing you have done her other DVDs did you find them to be a good all over workout?
  • Nysie5
    Nysie5 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    i started it last night.. and IT IS A TOTAL BODY WORK OUT, i feel soooo weak today because of it.. which is great!!! i wanted to give up 10 mins in, but she is motivating, want a 20min work out that delievers, this is the one to get!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    It is effective-great for toning and losing inches-I have completed 11 days of it and feel great! I hear the hheavier u r the more weight u lose and the lighter u r the less weight u drop-
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    It's a great DVD! And it's short-25 min. I would say it is a total body work out-a lot of lower body, upper body, cardio and because of the weight you use your core all of the time. I love it! I have done about 10 days so far of it. I also do about 30 min. of extra cardio. I don't do it every day-one day shred it with weights, one day 30 day shred. Also just started Banish Fat , Boost Metabolism-45 min. of sweat dripping all over. I love Jillian! I think you will like it.
  • cnjbarry
    cnjbarry Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    ok next question how do I track it on MFP?
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

SO Im guessing you have done her other DVDs did you find them to be a good all over workout?
    yes they work the whole body even the ab 1...
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Yes it is a total body workout! I'm still hurting from incorporating it into my routine this past Monday. My thighs have been so sore since then. It's a great core workout! I will be adding this in to my regimen about 2-3 times a week with my other cardio/strength training/running.
  • Mrbsmissis
    Options
    ok next question how do I track it on MFP?

Im also wondering about this?
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Log as circuit training-if u aren't using hrm then mfp will automatically figure calories burned for u
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I log it as circut training, but don't know if it's right-no HRM.
  • jennbriere
    jennbriere Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    wow you look fantastik now..great job!!
  • Mrbsmissis
    Options
    Thanks for the info, I can't wait to get started, bet I wont be saying that when ive done it haha
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I just did it like two days ago......As a p90xer I must say holy cow my arms hurts so much.......Crazy workout especially for only 25 minutes.......Kettlebells are crazy.....I was afraid it might slip out of my hand and break something.......also the dog kept walking in front of me while I was swing that thing..
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Have any of you finished this workout? What are your results?

I'm just on the last few days of my second round of 30 Say Shred. I'm trying to decide what to do next.
  • GABulldogs
    Options
    I have been reading about calories burned while doing kettlebell workouts, they all say basically the same, it burns 10-11 calories per minute. Hope this helps. The Jillian Michaels Shred it with Weights is a Wal Mart for 9.67 you can get a 15 lb kettle bell for 25.00 there as well.
  • GABulldogs
    Options
    Also do not use a small weight, you need to challenge yourself with more weight.
  • GABulldogs
    Options
    Oh and I forgot, you can get an inexpensive heart rate monitor watch on ebay.