Calling all P90Xrs!

Options
Ok so I am interested in mabe starting this program. Was wondering what the time commitment entails and what kind of equipment you would require. Also how do you like it? How are the results?

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    pull-up bar, resistance bands (or free weights)... Heart rate monitor
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    equipment:
    set of dumbbells or resistance bands
    Pull up bar or door attachment for resistance bands
    Yoga Mat.

The workouts are mainly 55 min, 5 days/week plus 15 min ab ripper 3 times per week (total of 70 min). yoga 1 day a week 90min. and you can have one day off or do the 50 min stretching video.
  • tweetytina7
    Options
    Are you looking to lose weight or get tone? Insanity workout i like a lot better then p90x. Insanity is more for losing weight i think.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Ok so I am interested in mabe starting this program. Was wondering what the time commitment entails and what kind of equipment you would require. Also how do you like it? How are the results?

Love it! each work out is roughly 60 mins long with Yoga X going 90 mins, 6 days a week.

Pull-up bar, dumbbells or resistance bands, yoga mat and block, heart rate monitor, recovery shake for afterwards.

Everyone is different and has a different level of dedication. You will get out of it what you put into it.

Hope this helps,
    Stu
  • crossarmant
    crossarmant Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Everything they said. The time requirement seems like a lot, but once you start doing it, it's not that long. As for the results, in the year that I've been doing it on and off I've lost 45 lbs. As for for the sole 90 days of the program, when I stuck it through from beginning to end without missing a workout and eating right, I dropped 25 lbs in three months and finally have abs for the first time ever. So, yeah... it works and is most definitely not a gimmick.
  • wooddie14
    wooddie14 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hello...I'm in the process of gathering the equipment to start next week. I have just the simple stuff on order...pull up bar and resistance bands. You can get by with just those. If you don't want resistance bands you can buy some adjustable dumbells. I have a lot of friends and co-workers that have done it or have tried it. some say the time commitment made them stop...others said it's too tough and some have made it through. The time commitment is about an hour a day just for the workouts. If you go for the intense training you can do one morning workout and one evening workout. I'm just trying the Lean program. Basically the Lean program will help you lose weight and tone your body. They highly recommend the diet plan along with the workouts. The diet plan has helped me. I'm not following it in detail but it helped be lose 16 lbs in the past 3 weeks by eating right and cutting out the junk! Let me know if you have any other questions. I'll be "Bringing it" starting next week. :happy:
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Is the lean program a different program alll together?
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I do the lean program. And I wouldn't say it's different all together. It utilizes the same DVDs just more cardio ones than muscle. I chose this one because I read alot of posts and notes on the internet about it being a good place to start for women who were looking to lose weight. Just my humble opinion.
  • wooddie14
    wooddie14 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    What we are calling the Lean program is included in P90X. There are 12 DVDs with different workouts on each. All 12 DVDs work with and for all three programs, you just do different DVDs at diferent times. The 3 programs are Classic, Doubles and Lean. Lean has you concentrating on Stretching, Cardio, Yoga, Kenpo and resistance band work. Check out the website for more info and watch the videos.