apple bees

Options
I know that apple bees is supposed to have a smart choice on the menu...does anyone have any suggestions as to what to order? I have never ate there and I want to plan ahead and its not in my weight watchers book. We are going there with some friends Saturday and I have no clue what to get

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    you could look up there menu online,last time I was there i had the asiago peppercorn steak (i think) it was pretty good
  • redwngs13
    redwngs13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    They have an "Under 550 Calories" menu with some tasty looking entrees. I've yet to try any of them, but they sure do look yummy!
  • mandydanyele
    Options
    http://www.applebees.com/menulanding.aspx

I've been there but I've never had there healthier meals. I don't go there anymore since I found out they cook 95% of their food in a microwave =[
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options

I've been there but I've never had there healthier meals. I don't go there anymore since I found out they cook 95% of their food in a microwave =[

eww! really?
  • fitmom4ever
    Options
    I recently went there and ordered from the Under 550 calorie menu. It was delicious, but the drawback is the sodium content. the meal may have only been 400 some calories, but was almost 2400 mgs of sodium, practically the entire days worth!
  • mandydanyele
    Options

eww! really?

Yes, we know someone who use to work there. I always thought the food was kind of "off" this would be why...
  • Nuke096
    Nuke096 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Try one of their salads. You can look them up on this site's database. The Paradise Chicken one is pretty good.
  • Tiffanyluvsaaron
    Options
    thanks...I will do that
  • Tiffanyluvsaaron
    Options
    I recently went there and ordered from the Under 550 calorie menu. It was delicious, but the drawback is the sodium content. the meal may have only been 400 some calories, but was almost 2400 mgs of sodium, practically the entire days worth!

yeah i was noticing that as i was looking them up..wow
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    A lot of restaurants cook the majority of the their food in a microwave, or reheat it. Yup. You don't get what you pay for nowadays.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I actually prefer their Weight Watcher meals to the "Under 550 Calorie" specific menu. They seem to be tastier and do have slightly lower sodium (not low, just lower) than the ones from that specific menu. They aren't listed in their own area though, they're mixed in with whatever section of the menu they fit in to. But I've found any of the ones I've tried tasty and decently filling.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Also, they're really good about subbing or making custom meals as well. I've never had a problem with ordering a healthier or different side than what's on the menu and they're always more than happy to just make a plain grilled protein (chicken or fish) for you with whatever sides you may want.