Clean Eating...Unclean Clean Eating

Options
I'm a clean eating newbie and I think it's great. I allow myself "unclean" foods occasionally; like, on Tuesday nights I go out to dinner with my sister. I make healthy choices, but they're not always clean.

On the weekend, I'll allow myself a treat.

For those of you who eat clean, how often do you eat unclean? Or do you never?

Just looking for some advice. Thanks!

Replies

• uniquesoul73
    uniquesoul73 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I started adjusting my life into the clean eating ideal about 3 months ago. I have not perfected it yet, but I do make wiser choices on what i put in my body. Processed foods are pretty much a no no for me now. I try to eat things that are fresh and not boxed. Dining out is not that big of an issue for me, as I try to limit myself to veggies and a protein. Its a process though...I cant say that I will ever be a 100% clean eater because some things must be done for convenience sake.
  • lexis0911
    Options
    can you explain what clean/unclean eating is? I have never heard that before...is it just not eating processed foods?
  • Carcharzel
    Options
    Uniquesoul- Thank you for your response. I agree with you. I will probably never be 100% clean. I need a baked good here and there. :ohwell: Eating out is a bit challenging for me because I'm a vegetarian.

Alexis- Eating clean is pretty much eating unprocessed foods; eating food as close to their natural state as possible. I just said "unclean" just to be silly. :wink:
  • jahnlaw
    jahnlaw Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My wife and I almost always eat clean abit more like Bob Kennedy than Tosca Reno. Our last unclean food was a half a donut we shared at a church social. Even most of our baking is clean but we would draw the line at having whole wheat wedding cake or avoiding special Christmas dishes. On a whole my palate has expanded as my stomach has shrinked since we started clean eating.
  • lexis0911
    Options
    thanks for responding Jaime!!
  • inkdgirl
    Options
    I have been eating clean for months now and I never touch anything that has been processed.. it does take awhile for you to get accustomed to it.. baby steps are neccessary..

you will notice changes very quickly ,once the sugar and bad stuff is gone..
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I've been changing my eating to "clean eating" for months now. I have been doing one or two changes at a time but I have cut out a lot and seen a change in all areas of my health. I'm at the point where 85% of my meals are clean, but I'm struggling with snacks. It's a work in progress and doesn't happen overnight! :)
  • Carcharzel
    Options
    Thank you for all your responses! I really do appreciate it. :smile:
  • ssickles
    Options
    I was clean eating for three weeks and lost 8lbs and felt better but then did not prepare my food on a sunday night and noticed I was cheating a lot. I'm getting back to it tomorrow.:)