Yuk!

Options
This is a strange success, but quite cheering. I am really quite hungover today (yeah yeah I know!), so I decided I could have a small chocolate bar to give me some energy before I went to the gym. I got a Kinder snack bar, as it is only 21g and 111 calories... and ... having not eaten anything other than 85% cocoa chocolate for the last month and much less sugar than normal, I was horrified at how sickly it was! I couldn't even finish it! It was like being hit with a sugary milky battering ram. YUK.

How quickly your tastebuds can change! :)

Replies

• Marcellus_08
    Options
    Thats awesome:) I agree 100%
  • barberella
    Options
    You will definitely see how your tastebuds will adapt. Right now, I'm doing a low carb, low sugar regimen, and I really thought I would crave sweets and breads even though I only eat whole wheat products. But I'm surprised how much I don't miss the grains and sweets. I do miss fruit though..But what a change. Cookies, frostings, candy got me fat in the first place; yet I don't miss them. I miss fruit. How odd!
  • wendyj441
    Options
    That's great! Hope I can get there and sever this sweets relationship that I love/hate....oh one day
  • rosiesparkle100
    Options
    That's great! Hope I can get there and sever this sweets relationship that I love/hate....oh one day

I'm sure you will. Just swap bad sweets for good sweets! After all, you don't actually want a life with no sweets at all. ;)
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I've had the same thought about Twinkies a couple years ago my mom picked some up and I had one. It was disgusting.
  • darwintheboxer
    Options
    Back in October about a week after I embarked on this weight-loss program, I prepared an instant oatmeal packet (quaker maple and brown sugar) since we still had some in the cupboard. It was almost too sweet to eat, and I haven't had another since. Now, I just make regular rolled oats and add small amount of brown sugar and dried blueberries or cherries.
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    That's funny :) I cracked open a (non-diet) Mountain Dew yesterday and had a couple of sips and... poured it down the drain! It was sooooo frickin sweet I couln't finish it. I'm glad my taste buds are changing, it's awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!