Fast Food Breakfast

Options
Good morning, I'm new here and I'm just not ready to give up my fast food breakfast.
Does anyone have any ideas of what I can eat at fast food places that is not that bad?:drinker:

Replies

• kuechletwins
    kuechletwins Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    The SubWay breakfast sandwiches are really good and low fat/calorie!
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    for breakfast the best is an egg mcmuffin no has browns. the egg has protien, the english muffin although has white flour is better than a biscuit and the canadian bacon is low in cals. total cals = 340
  • naomihandler
    naomihandler Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    dunkin donuts has those eggwhite omelets on sandwich thins. they are pretty good and under 300 calories.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I love teh mcdonalds oatmeal. No idea how many cals it has.

I do know you should have't teh mcdonalds chicken biscut. 400+ cals in the one I had this weekend.
  • rvice2
    rvice2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I agree with the previous post:

Dunkin Doughnuts egg white tortilla wrap or Subway's whole wheat english muffin with eggwhites, cheese, and turkey!
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I get a plain english muffin and hashbrowns from McDonald's and make it a sandwich I can eat on the run.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Good suggestions....I haven't had a chance to try Subway breakfast menu....it is good?
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Subway bread is very, very bad. The wheat breads are just white bread with dyes added. The whole grain breads have more high fructose corn syrup than whole grains (less than 2% whole grain). They add ammonium sulfate (helps the yeasts) which is used in chemical fertilizers. All the breads contain high fructose corn syrup.

Count the calories towards you daily goal and you should be ok. It's not healthy at and might make you go over in sodium, carbs, fat, etc. But it can be done.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I love teh mcdonalds oatmeal. No idea how many cals it has.

I do know you should have't teh mcdonalds chicken biscut. 400+ cals in the one I had this weekend.

I LOVE the mcdonalds oatmeal too!! It's best to get it without the brown sugar. That takes it from being 290 cals to 260 and 30 some grams of sugar(more then you should have in a day) to 18.

Also their fruit and yogurt parfait is pretty tasty.. or the fruit and walnut salad!
  • kuechletwins
    kuechletwins Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Subway serves the breakfast sandwiches on a light wheat english muffin - you can ask for bread if you want, but the come on the english muffin. And ask for the eggs to be egg white only.
  • stepphanie
    Options
    I did not want to give up my fast food breakfast either until I developed an obsession with fast food! I realized when I could not find jeans in my size it was time to give up fast food. I still crave fast food like crazy althought I am sure this will go away with time. I was use to having biscuts and gravy with a large coke and a side of bacon evey morning. Now I eat healthy and have been for 3 days and have lost 4 pounds. I am sure its water weight but it is 4 pounds. So please reconsider your fast food breakfast. There are plenty of healthy and easy breakfast items you can get at the store. :)
  • Sara1978
    Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Jamba Juice's Berry Fulfilling Light Smoothie is my go-to when I need to get breakfast on the run. 150 calories for a 16oz smoothie, 6grams of protein, only 200mg of sodium. And it tastes like berries and goodness. :)
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    From McDonalds:

- Egg McMuffin: 300 calories, 12 grams fat, 5 grams saturated fat, 260 mg cholesterol, 820 mg sodium, 2 g fiber.

- Hotcakes (without syrup and margarine): 350 calories, 9 grams fat, 2 grams saturated fat, 20 mg cholesterol, 590 mg sodium, 3 g fiber.

From Burger King:

- Ham Omelet Sandwich: 290 calories, 13 g fat 4.5 g saturated fat, 85 mg cholesterol, 870 mg sodium, 1 g fiber.

- French Toast Sticks, 3 piece: 240 calories, 13 g fat, 2.5 g saturated fat, 4 g protein, 0 mg cholesterol, 260 mg sodium, 1 g fiber.
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    If you must have hash browns, then, in the UK at least, McDs is better than Burger King. Or you could get a bagel.
  • eanerllij1973
    eanerllij1973 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Here's a great article on fast food breakfasts: http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=60467
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mvedas
    mvedas Posts: 69
    Options
    Subway bread is very, very bad. The wheat breads are just white bread with dyes added. The whole grain breads have more high fructose corn syrup than whole grains (less than 2% whole grain). They add ammonium sulfate (helps the yeasts) which is used in chemical fertilizers. All the breads contain high fructose corn syrup.

Count the calories towards you daily goal and you should be ok. It's not healthy at and might make you go over in sodium, carbs, fat, etc. But it can be done.

Really? How did you find this out? I'd love to read more about it as I frequently eat Subway as a healthy option! Thanks=)