Hi from Massachusetts!

Options
Hi,

My friend told me about this site. I want to lose 40 pounds.

I am married with 2 girls ages 6 and 18....yes you read that right :laugh:

When I first got married 7 years ago I weighed 150, I am 5'7, it was a great weight for me, then I had my second girl and just kept gaining and never losing :ohwell:

I would love to get some tips from everyone, especially on exercise. It gets very cold here in the winter so going for walks outside are kind of out.

Hope to get to know some of you :happy:

Replies

• coffee33
    coffee33 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My friend told me about this site. I want to lose 40 pounds.

I am married with 2 girls ages 6 and 18....yes you read that right :laugh:

When I first got married 7 years ago I weighed 150, I am 5'7, it was a great weight for me, then I had my second girl and just kept gaining and never losing :ohwell:

I would love to get some tips from everyone, especially on exercise. It gets very cold here in the winter so going for walks outside are kind of out.

Hope to get to know some of you :happy:
  • mildrede40
    Options
    WELCOME:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I wish I could walk in the cold, but I have cold weather asthma (as in, the cold triggers it and I can't walk in it etc) so I have an elliptical that is finally getting some use.
    I'm from Nova Scotia Canada, so I know all about the cold LOL
    Welcome! Hope you enjoy this site as much as I have so far, and I've only been here a week! Good luck!
  • coffee33
    Options
    Thank you both for the nice welcome :happy:

I looked around a bit today, very friendly place with lots of information.
  • ksgirl
    ksgirl Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi and Welcome!

We have something in common. I have 2 girls, 12 and 26. Mine are 14 years apart almost to the day. I just joined a week ago, and have found it very helpful. The food diary keeps me honest and lets me really "see" how I eat. Seems to curb the food cravings if I know I have to go to the trouble to enter it in the diary.

Best of luck to you. I better get off my duff now and go try to move like that gal in my Pilates video. Yeah right. LOL

Kelly
  • Ainsley
    Ainsley Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi coffee girl! Welcome to the site :) Glad you joined!! I know what you mean about the cold weather.. it's freeeeezing up here in Canada as well! Hopefully you will find this site helpful and be able to attain your goal of losing your desired weight :)

Glad to have you here!

*hugs*

~Ainsley
  • coffee33
    Options
    Thank you both for the welcome :happy:

Ohhhhh I went to the recipe section and I can't wait to try those cheesecake bites!!! :love:
  • kelli12673
    Options
    Hi,I just joined the site today. I am off to a good start. I am also in Massachusetts so I hear you about the walking in this weather. I have a 14 year old son and a 3 year old daughter. After my son I went right back to 125lbs. and stayed that way for quite a while. I slowly starting gaining about 5 years ago and after my daughter still grew. I am at 190 now and really want to feel good again, like I used to long ago. Where did you find the recipe section? I looked and cant seem to find it. Well good luck and we WILL do this.
    :happy:
  • coffee33
    Options
    Hi,I just joined the site today. I am off to a good start. I am also in Massachusetts so I hear you about the walking in this weather. I have a 14 year old son and a 3 year old daughter. After my son I went right back to 125lbs. and stayed that way for quite a while. I slowly starting gaining about 5 years ago and after my daughter still grew. I am at 190 now and really want to feel good again, like I used to long ago. Where did you find the recipe section? I looked and cant seem to find it. Well good luck and we WILL do this.
    :happy:

At the very top of this board you can click "community" and there are different places to go to.

(I didn't realize that at first, I only saw the most recent posts)

Good luck to you too!!!
  • kelli12673
    Options
    Thanks! Good luck to you also :bigsmile: