Ladies only... Spotting?

Options
Hey ladies of MFP! Okay so yesterday I worked out for like... over an hour and it was very intense. It was the Burn it Up DVD which is cardio and resistance training. (More than I have been doing this week) I started spotting yesterday very lightly. I am not on any type of birth control... we practice natural family planning.... I just finished ovulating. I still have about a week and a half before I get my next period. I'm always regular and the only thing I can attribute this to is working out too hard. Have any of you ladies experienced this? I'm calling my Dr. to make sure - but just wanted to hear from you lovely ladies as well! Thanks!

Oh and I'm not experiencing any pain...

Replies

• Nataliethin81
    Options
    Yes, I have noticed that I started spotting in the last month but I think it's due to something else. I'm seeing my GYN tomorrow. I will mention it to him and see what he says!
  • ajwall3
    ajwall3 Posts: 187
    Options
    Yes, I have noticed that I started spotting in the last month but I think it's due to something else. I'm seeing my GYN tomorrow. I will mention it to him and see what he says!

I hope your okay! Let me know what he says!
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    No, I haven't experienced anything like that....but I'm not very far into this yet....but would love to know if anything fitness has to do with it.....
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    If you just finished ovulating and you use natural family planning...couldn't you possibly be pregnant? Intense exercise has been known to cause spotting in pregnant women.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Pregnant perhaps? But, if you want more info go see your Doctor
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I have heard of some who get spotting when they ovulate also.... could just be a fluke? I would ask my doctor to be sure.....
  • slimnik129
    Options
    My sister had that problem, but she also had some GYN issues...probably a good idea to ask your doctor! Hope you get the answers you need.
  • jen31889
    jen31889 Posts: 121
    Options
    I don't know how long you've been doing this site, but I just started and began spotting withing my first 2 weeks. We will see what next month brings.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies of MFP! Okay so yesterday I worked out for like... over an hour and it was very intense. It was the Burn it Up DVD which is cardio and resistance training. (More than I have been doing this week) I started spotting yesterday very lightly. I am not on any type of birth control... we practice natural family planning.... I just finished ovulating. I still have about a week and a half before I get my next period. I'm always regular and the only thing I can attribute this to is working out too hard. Have any of you ladies experienced this? I'm calling my Dr. to make sure - but just wanted to hear from you lovely ladies as well! Thanks!

I actually just had this happen to me in January, and am being checked to make sure I dont have a polyp on my uterus. My dr said it is VERY unlikely it could be from exercising. He said that most time intense exercose would do the opposite and cause irregular periods or missed periods, but most likely not bring it on.

He did have me take like 5 HPTs to make sure I was not pregnat... so maybe you should check into that.
  • lildazey
    lildazey Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I had problems a few years ago. It turned out to be from my cervix. A little surgery and the problem was fixed!
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    i haven't noticed that, but what I have noticed is that I'm late. It's like clockwork, I'm every 35 days! This time around it was 40 days! GRRR...makes it very hard to conceive (which we r trying for)...lol
  • steacher24
    Options
    I sometimes spot when I ovulate. I had tests done and the doctor never found anything. I would check it out just in case, though.
  • TerraGirl17
    TerraGirl17 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have been on here for 1 1/2 months and so far I haven't had any spotting, last month I was late by a few days but thats it, let us know what the doc has to say!!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I had breakthrough bleeding while on birth control once I started losing weight, but once I stopped taking it that stopped. I haven't had any problems in a couple months. I would talk to your doctor, just to make sure there isn't anything wrong.
  • think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    Options

If you are doing NFP, it is possibly implantation bleeding.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I spot lightly around ovulation too, but only since upping my exercise. Have you been careful this month? If not it could be implantation.....
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Sometimes bleeding occurs following ovulation because you may have already had a small cyst on your ovary (which is normal for ovulating women), and when your egg left its little sac, the cyst may have dissolved (or ruptured) with it. The cyst may have had a little bit of blood in it (they call that a "hemorrhagic cyst") and that could be where it came from. These little "functional" cysts can sometimes have blood in them mixed with the clear fluid because when they form, they can form too quickly and stretch the surface of the ovary too fast which causes bleeding, and the blood will go into the cyst.

I learned all about this stuff while I struggled with severe endometriosis for a long time..... :smile: I had cysts with blood in them, but they were much larger and due to my disease, so that is something entirely different.
  • slbiggs15
    Options
    Pregnancy is a possibility. Sometimes you can spot a little after fertilization when the egg implants into the uterus. Maybe you can try a home pregnancy test if you do not start your period. Good luck!
  • CNParker
    CNParker Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am experiencing the same thing. I have very irregular periods and have been trying to get pregnant for 5 yrs (just took a test-neg). I never spot. The only thing I can say is its due to excercise.
  • countsplunkett
    Options
    The First month working out I had a period twice in one month and after a good workout I would spot some.Everything was fine when I went to the dr. Just a change in hormones due to working out