16 days and counting

Options
hi im reasonably new here and wanted to say hi ..... and get some support . having a bad day my wii-fit told me i had put on 2lb although i have been sticking to my 1200 calories a day , plus exercising to rosemary conely almost everyday , thinking what am i doing wrong ,,,,,,, i dont like plain water so is it ok to drink squashes as my water intake .............. help me please ......

Replies

• rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    What are squashes?
  • larandac
    Options
    do you have a regular scale. In my experience, WII fit does n ot give you the correct weight...I wouldn't use that as a gauge...either way hang in there. Do your clothes fit different?
  • zyarnykh
    zyarnykh Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    have you tried adding lemon to your water? it makes it taste SO much better! Also, how are you clothes fitting? Sometimes it's about water weight, more muscle, etc. Stick with what you are doing, and you will see results!!
  • dgcm
    dgcm Posts: 4
    Options
    i have scales that i can use , my clothes dont feel any different as yet .several people have suggested that i may be on to few a calorie allowance but dont know how to change it ........... thanks for the reply
  • dgcm
    dgcm Posts: 4
    Options
    sorry i ment orange juice or something simular ...................
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I think as long as you make sure you count the calories for the juices, then you should be good. I agree with the other posts... keep doing what you're doing, and you'll see results. It took over a month for me to lose anything when I started with MFP. Good luck!
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hi! You probably don't want to add juices as a "staple" drink because they are full of sugar, lack fiber of the actual fruit, and can add unnecessary calories to your diet. I mix it up with decaf iced tea sweetened with splenda, or use Crystal Light packets. The orange flavored one isn't too bad. However, if you force yourself to drink just water after a while you stop craving those higher calorie drinks.
  • katikati
    Options
    Noooo to the squash So many calories in it. Have nice cool water with a squeeze of lemon and maybe a mint leaf to add flavor but no calories. Go to your settings and adjust your weight, life style and goals to get a more realistic calorie limit. This is about lifestyle change not starving yourself. :flowerforyou:
  • stepphanie
    Options
    Give up the juices! You do not want to drink your calories away. If you dont like plain water cut up a lemon, or orange put it in the freezer and put a slice in your water. It tastes great. I didnt care for water much I was mainly a pop drinker but then I decided to change my life style. After 3 days of water I dont mind it after all. I just fill up my water bottle and drink it all day long. :) Good luck!