Asparagus??

Options
I've never cooked asparagus before so does anyone have any good recipes for it? Either grill it(I have a george foreman grill) or in the oven? What do I put on it and all that good stuff

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I roast it in the oven. Toss with a little olive oil, fresh pepper and sea salt. Put them on a cookie sheet in a hot oven, 450. for about 10 minutes. Yum
  • MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    sprinkle a little minced garlic with a tiny drizzle of olive oil, and bake it in the oven until soft. So good.
    Steam it until tender and eat.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I love to sautee it in a little garlic and olive oil (or roast it in the same). I also love it grilled with a little olive oil (if you prefer butter it is also delic!)
  • liz_bolin
    liz_bolin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I cook mine in the oven and set it to 400 deg.F, i dizzle olive oil over them and roast them for about 20 mins or so
  • angelarozmyn
    Options
    Definitely agree...we have toasted garlic and a pepper grinder that makes it that much better! LOVE asparagus :)
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Wash and snap off the ends, then put in a baking dish with 1/2 tbsp olive oil, dash of salt and pepper and roast for 30 min at 400 degrees. Also, u can steam in a dish tightly covered with plastic wrap in the microwave for 2 minutes. Make sure to buy medium sized asparagus, the huge ones are stringy and the small ones get over cooked too fast.
  • milehighcritic
    Options
    I cook it in the rice cooker\steamer for 20 minutes. Season with seasoning salts. I tried white for the first time last week. I will be staying with green.
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Wash and snap off the ends, then put in a baking dish with 1/2 tbsp olive oil, dash of salt and pepper and roast for 30 min at 400 degrees. Also, u can steam in a dish tightly covered with plastic wrap in the microwave for 2 minutes. Make sure to buy medium sized asparagus, the huge ones are stringy and the small ones get over cooked too fast.

My favorite way to cook them!!!
  • ♥BETHANY♥
    Options
    if you love lemon then this is a good one. I get the asparagus put it on a cookie sheet use olive oil, lemon, salt , fresh pepper, and balsamic vinegar, and sometimes chives :) its sweet and sour at the same time! its one of my favorites
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    i get requests for my asparagus recipe whenever i make it.....i take 1/4 cup oil per bundle and chop uo 3 cloves per bundle and heat the oil up in a skillet and chop the garlic and let the garlic cook in the oil on medium high heat for about 3 minutes jsut to release the oil in the garlic, then i put all the asparagus in a cassarole dish or whatever dish they will fit in and pour the oil over it and cook in the oven for 15 mins at 400 degrees. Then when they are finished cooking I sprinkle parmesean cheese over the top and some salt
  • CNParker
    CNParker Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    saute it with garlic and top with a little pepper jack cheese. My fav!
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options
    love it grilled :drools:
  • Juttalein
    Options
    I gill tham with olive oil , salt , pepper ! 5 min
  • nkteach
    Options
    Snap off the ends, put them on a cookie sheet with seasonings (I use spray butter first, then garlic, pepper and cajun seasoning). Cook for 10-15 in the oven at 400. Thats what I do....but there are lots of great ideas already posted!
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I steam mine for 10-12 minuts so it's still crisp/tender - not mush.
    Then a little ICBINB and some salt and pepper.
    Yummy!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I steam almost all vegetables, or sometimes with green beans and asparagus I'll blanch them (boil in water for a minute, then cool them in ice water to stop the cooking), and then sautee them in a little olive oil with garlic.
  • givprayz
    givprayz Posts: 328
    Options
    You can put it in a steamer or standing up in a pan with an inch of water and lightly steam, then sprinkle with a bit of parmesan, or buttery spray, of a touch of salt and some rosemary. I also toss it into tomato sauces, stir-fry's, and put it in burritoes. It makes your urine smell awful, but otherwise it's a wonderful veggie.
  • RandiLH
    RandiLH Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love to sautee it in a little garlic and olive oil (or roast it in the same). I also love it grilled with a little olive oil (if you prefer butter it is also delic!)

ditto--either is delicious! even with a little lemon zest too, they are yummy
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I steam mine with garlic and olive oil as others mentioned, but I LOVE it marinated in Italian dressing then grilled. Not sure how it would work on a foreman grill though, haven't tried it.
  • sophidesign
    Options
    I roast them in the oven with a bit of olive oil for about 10 miutes (you have to be careful not to over cook them or they will be mushy and gross) then I toss them with a little balsamic vinegar or fresh lemon juice or parm cheese <3 LOVE ASPARAGUS <3