Pet Peeve

Options
It drives me crazy when people say "muscle weighs more than fat." No it doesn't a pound is a pound!!!! Yes, by volume muscle weighs more than fat, that is why when you start to tone up you lose inches, but not necessarily pounds.
Sorry... just a little pet peeve of mine.

Replies

• Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Yup mine to!! I just try to ignore it!
    It drives me crazy when people say "muscle weighs more than fat." No it doesn't a pound is a pound!!!! Yes, by volume muscle weighs more than fat, that is why when you start to tone up you lose inches, but not necessarily pounds.
  • EZGruv
    EZGruv Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    People often mistake weight for volume, and vice-versa.
    Good on you for spreading the word.
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Drives me nuts too!
  • MalTru
    MalTru Posts: 37
    Options
    Agreed! A pound is a pound, no matter what it's made of. Some materials are just denser than others!
  • gffs
    gffs Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Did they say a pound of muscle weights more than an pound of fat? If not, you're adding things in your head and that's why you get peeved. It is understood (for most people) that we mean volume. That 2 women with the same measurements can weight different amounts due to their amount of muscle.

Hope this reduces your peevement, since being peeved can cause you to eat more and thus have more fat.. so you'll weigh less?
  • jcozee
    Options
    Just had this conversation, not even 2 minutes ago! Too funny and I agree!
  • amandakay23
    Options

MEEE TOOOO!!!!! It is like a pound of popped popcorn and a pound of unpopped popcorn, but a lb is a lb!!! So many people on here say it all the time, and everywhere for that matter! I just *try* to ignore it.
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Did they say a pound of muscle weights more than an pound of fat? If not, you're adding things in your head and that's why you get peeved. It is understood (for most people) that we mean volume. That 2 women with the same measurements can weight different amounts due to their amount of muscle.

Hope this reduces your peevement, since being peeved can cause you to eat more and thus have more fat.. so you'll weigh less?

Actually I have no problem with "stress" eating. I am very much in control of my diet. And 9 out of 10 times the context it is used they make it to sound like a pound of muscle is more than a pound of fat.
  • GinaKurtz
    GinaKurtz Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I agree! :happy: