For the first time in my life I am going to succeed at this.

Options
I have succeeded at almost everything I have set out to do in the last 20 years. I say almost because being fat has been the one thing I have not been able to do.
Up until a few months ago I believed that I had no willpower and no ability to change what I had created, A 410 pound smoking woman who would drink 10 extra large steeped tea double doubles a day and eat once in the evening, oh and of course a bag of chips a couple of hours later.

I have been teaching the law of attraction and manifestation for many years. Coming from an abusive marriage and becoming a successful fat girl in a world that fat isn't in is a huge accomplishment and I have loved every second of it. However I would still wake up every day and look at someone I wasn't happy with.

I have spent a fortune over the years trying to hide how I felt about me. Buying the nice cars, no one could see the seatbelt extender. Getting my nails done, hair done, buying so many clothes if someone used my closet for quilting they could probably blanket a third world country.

I have figured everything else out in life, a amazing marriage, great kids, money, freedom...Everything but the worth that I could change how I look. The belief in myself I could get healthy. I have never been able to change the belief that I was fat and so wasn't worth it. My ex husband abused me with it, force feeding me knowing that I already didn't like me. My mom used it whenever I didn't do things the way she liked.

I could give a thousand excuses why I am where I am but the truth is I allowed it. I made the choice to not be healthy I made the choice to not change.

Now I am making a new choice.

In the beginning of December my husband and I quit smoking. I smoked two pack a day for 24 years......I quit, thats it and it taught me something,. I can do anything......So now three months later, after letting go of the fear of gaining weight by quitting smoking I have lost 45 pounds.......now at 365 I am here looking at all of you for inspiration. Sharing with you because you get it,. You understand.....

I am 39 years old 40 in July, aside from the fat I love my life. 6 kids a great husband and now clearer lungs......For the first time in my life I believe I can do this....To the creator of this site......Thank you....Sometimes being alone is nice, but when you are loosing 200+ pounds not so much......

Hugs I look forward to making friends...I live in Airdrie and if anyone is from there and you want a walking partner or workout partner you just let me know.....because we are all in this together...even if we don't know each other...

Replies

• SeattleLady
    Options
    I WANT TO KNOW YOU>... You rock. Let's do this...

Oh, and me too.. 100pounds to lose, but don't remember being under 200.

R
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck with your weight loss. You can do it!:flowerforyou:
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck with your weight loss. You can do it!:flowerforyou:
  • mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    You can do this!! Good luck!
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    steeped tea double double huh? *S*
    heya fellow canuck!

Sounds like that switch has been well and truly flipped in your head.. you are SO going to succeed in this!
  • joan_herzfeldt
    joan_herzfeldt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I want to be your friend.
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    You have a great attitude (just from the title of your post). you CAN DO THIS!!