Don't wait

Options
I found myself falling into the same trap again today on my way home. I had just finished my lunch of french fries and a can of pop. I thought to myself, bleh, I will start on Friday. This is the same attitude that trapped me so many times before.

Don't wait any more. Don't prolong something. Start with the next bite of food you take. Don't go overboard on all the "bad" or restricted foods today with hopes of starting clean tomorrow. Start with your next step, your next meal.

I wonder why I'm sitting here, tired, no energy. I've had sugar, cereal, fat, grease, etc. over the past 18 hours. That's it. No wonder eh?

I'm a HUGE advocate of eating everything in moderation. However, I do believe that there comes a point in time when we have to put our foot down and say - NO, I am not going to eat that, and YES I am going to workout tonight. I will always be the one ordering the huge steak with a baked potato and a beer at a fancy restaurant. The thing is, I'm not eating like that every day. I'm a big believer in cooking things from scratch. If you've read my blog before, I go on a rant about processed frozen foods that claim to be "healthy" and aid in weight loss, meanwhile a potato and natural organic butter get a bad rap. I don't understand it, but hey, that's just me.

I need to make the change. I just have to. Even though I am completely set on starting a new workout program Friday, I will do something for the next few days. I'm not waiting.

Here's to the joy of living healthy, cooking from scratch, and working our butts off :) Go get 'em everyone!

Replies

• mixmastermolly
    Options
    <3

Little changes are so important. I messed up for a few days and it's HARD getting back on track. I may not be around 1200 calories today but I can be under 1500. Make a small change everyday and within a week you'll be where you need to be. :)
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Well said, good for you! I too try to live by this motto :bigsmile:
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: you are so right about the potato and butter etc., I try to cook from scratch as much as possible for the family. You tell it like it is (I like it) :happy: